Chapter Twenty Four || For You I Will

_____________________________________
I will cross the ocean for you
I will go and bring you the moon
I will be your hero, your strength, anything you need
I will be the sun in your sky
I will light your way for all time, promise you
For you I will, yes yeah, yeah- Monica
_____________________________________
Kamille Riley Paige

Chapter Twenty Four || For You I Will _____________________________________I will cross the ocean for youI will go and bring you the moonI will be your hero, your strength, anything you needI will be the sun in your skyI will light your way for al...

This feeling of not having your daughter with you, not knowing where she was or who she was with, or even how she was doing had to be the hardest feeling that I've ever encountered in my whole twenty five years of life on this Earth. I've never been so lost, hurt, and even confused to the point where just the task of breathing is hard to do. I had felt this feeling before, but never had I been to this point on intensity. Anybody that ever knew me or knew of me, knew that Rae was my heart, pride, and joy. Not having her made me useless, she was who I really lived for.

I sighed as I kept the thoughts at bay while stapling the missing papers with my daughter's face on them on the light posts and trees around the Atlanta areas. I knew G had said he had everything in control, but I couldn't sit around and not do anything about it. Maybe somebody could've seen something or heard something about it, I had just wanted to try, I would do anything for my baby girl to come back home. I prayed every chance I got to see that she'd be home soon, it was all I wanted, her to come home in good condition like she'd left here with.

Deep down, I knew that it was drug related and would have to be dealt with carefully to get her back like she was when she left. I knew that I was probably wasting my time with all of these missing papers, but it made me feel better to know that I was out doing something to help find her and not sitting on my ass in the house all of the day like G wanted me to do. It had been over twenty four hours now and with every one that passed me by, my heart broke more and more. I just wanted my baby back. I would do anything to have her back at this time and place.

I continued to walk to streets, attaching a printed sheet to every place that one could fit. Lauren was opposite me across the street as she did the same exact thing. I'd had my mother on the other side of town with KJ, so by now the word was spread out and hopefully someone's answers would be too. I sighed as I continued walking until I had reached the park. Lauren and I both started to post them around until a saw something. I could've sworn that my mind was playing tricks on me, but just a feeling inside told me that I wasn't wrong as I looked at the little girl from behind as she walked with a lady, she looked like a lot like my baby girl, too much.

I stopped in my tracks as I just sat there and watched as the woman and the little girl walked the opposite way, getting further and further away. The little girl had a big ice cream cone in one hand and held the woman's in the other as they walked. My gut told me to get closer so I did just that. I quickly followed behind the woman and the little girl that I had a gut feeling was Raegan. It wasn't until I got a glance at the bows on her head, the exact same ones that I'd bought for Raegan and it just put a soaring feeling of hope inside of me that I wasn't able to control right then, not even if I wanted too honestly.