Chapter Twenty Three || Promises

____________________________________
I'm waking up you're not by my side
Baby that ain't right
I wanna be there with you
I really do be missing you
Everything I do is for you
And I really do adore you
You're getting so big now
You're making me so proud cause
You are such a star
And you know that you are
So every single little moment
I can't be there to hold your hand
I need for you to know that
Anything should happen
Cause anything could, if anything should happen
Know that you'll be alright
Just promise you'll be alright - Jhene Aiko
____________________________________
Kamille Riley Paige

Chapter Twenty Three || Promises ____________________________________I'm waking up you're not by my sideBaby that ain't rightI wanna be there with youI really do be missing youEverything I do is for youAnd I really do adore youYou're getting so bi...

It was four in the morning by now and I was pacing the floor, back and forth in the living room of my house. It was so nerve wrecking right now and I felt like I want a nice breakdown or to just scream right now. This wasn't how I had planned to be bringing in my birthday or my New Years either, but here I was with my hands on my head and my mind racing a mile a minute with thought after thought. I was just waiting around on my phone to ring letting me know where Raegan was or that she was just okay. I didn't know what to do other than this right now, so I tried to keep myself calm within this.

After not being able to get a hold of Raemond's phone, I took a ride around town with Lauren by my side, with hope that she'd just up and appear out of nowhere, but we all knew that it didn't work that way. I was stuck in between a rock and a hard wall and I didn't know what to do or where to go from here. I felt like I just wanted to lash out, scream, and cry but that wouldn't get me a thing so I tried to keep my peace now until I got a hold of my Raegan. I was trying so hard to stay in a peaceful state of mind, but every second that ticked away made me want my baby even more and it drove me crazy.

"Oh my fucking God!" I lashed out as I threw a near by lamp that sat on one of my end tables. I watched it as it went crashing against the wall and then to the floor and scattered into a million and one pieces. By now I was a train wreck and it was my fault. I blamed myself for this even happening. Had I not tried to be nice to them and let her go over there, she'd be here with me now. It was my fault and now all I could do was suffer in my misery as I prayed she was okay.

"Calm down Kamille, it's going to be okay. You have to keep positive in this situation. Raegan is fine and she'll be back home in no time. Raemond isn't stupid." LaLa said to me as she grabbed a hold on my shoulders, just to make me stand still for a moment. That turned out to be a bad idea as I tried to break free. Moving kept me a bit more sane than standing still and after doing so for a bit too long, I found myself kneeled on the floor in a fit of tears.

"I want my baby," I cried in my hands as Lauren kept a hold on me as best as she could. I did not want to cry, I really didn't but I couldn't even control it anymore. She had been gone too long and I wanted her back now. I wish it could be as simple as getting the police to help me, but I knew that would only open another can of worms that's I wasn't sure I was ready for. I had to do something though, sitting here made me feel useless and these tears only made the feeling worse inside of me right now.