Chapter Twenty Eight || The Pressure

______________________________________
Pay attention to the signs
Stay and listen, you will find
Everything, ain't rocket science
Every gem is not a diamond
But the pressure
The pressure will make you feel
The pressure
The pressure will make you feel...
Real -Jhene Aiko
_______________________________________
Kamille Riley Paige

It was around seven in the afternoon and I found myself laid up in the middle of my bed as I drank on some camomile tea with hopes of feeling better soon

It was around seven in the afternoon and I found myself laid up in the middle of my bed as I drank on some camomile tea with hopes of feeling better soon. Not only was I depressed about all of this G relationship stuff right now, but I've been feeling sick all day long. I didn't know what had come over me all of a sudden, but it's like I was weak and my body was worn out. I wasn't sure what it was or the reason I felt this way, but I prayed for it to pass over quickly.

Time had rolled around so quickly today with it just being Raegan and I here alone. I was content with it being the two of us though. We watched movies, played games, and ate pizza all in the midst of me not feeling good. I put my feelings and sickness on the back burner though to make sure my princess was happy. Now I was in bed reaping the consequences from not getting the rest and meds I needed to feel better. I just prayed it wasn't anything serious.

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" I heard Raegan call loudly and I could here her little feet slapping up against the wooden hallway floors as she ran towards my bedroom. I sighed and placed the cup of tea on my bedside table and looked towards my bedroom door just as she appeared. She pushed it completely open and ran inside with a smile on her face as she pointed behind her, outside.

"Yes baby?" I responded with a confused look.

"S-somebody at the door." She said in a tiresome tone as she kept on pointing. I sighed and nodded my head as I sat up completely. I pulled myself out of bed and fixed my tights and t-shirt back in its place before following behind her to the door, as the bell now rang out. A little bit of me hoped that it was Gionni who was out there. My heart beat sped up a bit as I quickly made my way down all of the stairs and too the door, only to find my baby brother Kamaul. I was slightly disappointed in a way, but I didn't let it show as I put on a weak smile and invited him in. It was always nice to see him.

"Hey baby brother?" I spoke as I pulled him into a side hug as best as I could with his tall and muscular self. Kamaul Jr. has definitely packed on some muscle over the last couple weeks and it only was an addition to his 6'3 height. I sighed as he completed the embrace and kissed me on the forehead like a father would a child.

"Hey baby sis, hey princess." He smiled as he slipped his hoodie from over his head and hung it on the coat rack before he scooped Raegan up into his arms as I locked the door back behind him. I'd only rolled my eyes at his choice of words and headed over to the kitchen with them right on my trail. Raegan and I'd already eaten pizza for dinner, so me being me I warmed my baby brother up a couple slices that was left over. I knew he'd just left practice and I could bet any kind of money he was hungry.