I Dare You To... Be There For Me

POV: AARON

"Aaron? This is Ethan, you didn't call Zac."

I contemplated hanging up and actually calling Zac, but then i remembered he had something to do with the whole Shane thing, even though i really wanted to know why he'd pretended not to know Shane.

"Aaron?"

"Yeah, Ethan, will you please come pick me up...I'm somewhere near the park...and when you pick me up, please don't say i told you so."

****

My clothes were soaking wet and and as i got inside Ethan's car it started to hail. He looked at my  mascara smeared face ad puffy eyes, and all he said was

"I'm sorry."

I tried to make a genuine smile, but i couldn't even get my my lips up, and without knowing it I burst into tears again.

I pulled my legs up on the seat and buried my head in my knees. I cried about Zac and Shane and how confused and hurt i was. I was soaking wet, my face looked like Friday the 13th, and I was crying!

Why would someone I love lie to me?

Then suddenly, hands wrapped my side and i looked up to see Ethan was still on the side of the road and he was hugging me.

"Aaron, please tell me what happened."

I looked into his pleading eyes and then like a volcano, i burst, spilling out everything that had happened today, and the whole time Ethan sat quietly, just listening.

Finally when i was done, my head hurt and my clothing was stiff.

"Aaron, I'm really sorry. Do want me to take you home or to Zacs?"

****

Ethan had asked me if i wanted him to stay, but i told him I'd be fine.

I was standing at Zac's big, grand door, and all i could do was just stand there in my crispy, still semi wet clothes. The only difference in my apperance was that Ethan had given me a napkin to wipe the makeup off my face.

Finally, i got up the nerve to knock on his door, when the door opened to reveal the one and only Zac Sander's standing with his keys in his hand.

"Aaron, what are yo-"

"Listen up here you, you jerk!"

Zac looked taken back my sentence, but i kept going.

"I hung out with Shane today and you know what? He tried to kiss me! And then when i told him i had a boyfriend, he said he knew you and you didn't deserve me! And you know what Zac?! You DON"T deserve me! I know, i know, i should hear your lousy side of the story, but I'm done! DONE."

I started to walk away and when i got to the front of his perfectly manicured lawn, i fel a hand grab my shoulder and spin me around.

"Aaron!" Zac said at me, looking into my eyes.

"What?!" I spat out.

"Look, i didn't know what you were talking about for half of that, but you're right, i do know who Shane is."

I looked into his amazing eyes, and i started to cry.

Great, again.

And it wasn't pretty crying either; it was snotty, big puffy eyed, maybe a little snorting, tears. i kept on wiping away at my face and Zac tried to hug me, but i oushed him away and then continued on  walking.

And the worst part was, he didn't come after me...and i din't want him to.

****

THREE DAYS LATER