I Dare You To... Tell Me

POV: AARON

It was the day Christmas break started and everyone was shuffling out of the school as fast as the bell had rung.

Ethan had left early this morning, skipping today, and we'd said goodbye before he had left and he promised to talk to me every single day.

I slouched on Zac's nice car, wearing brown skinny jeans with a cream colored peplum on, my hair naturally wavy. I had a loose tan cardigan and maroon colored heels on as well.

Zac was one of the last people out of school. His hair looked uncared for and his shirt was wrinkly. He looked like he hadn't slept for days.

When he looked up and saw me stopped dead in his tracks. “Aaron?” He said almost in a whisper.

I stood up and straight and said “Zac, you've barely tried contacting me at all since that...event happened and I want to know how you know Shane.”

He sighed and then ran his fingers through his messy hair. “Fine; but get in the car. I don't want people to hear us.”

I got in and then he got in and he sighed again. “It all started in seventh grade.”

I waited for him to continue.

“Garrett and I had just become friends and at the time he was a big doper. I never knew how he got hooked on it and I never asked him. But he came to me one day and said he'd given everything away to this dealer and it still wasn't enough. Then he asked if I could lend him money.”

“How much?” I asked quietly.

“30,000 dollars; I told him I didn't have it but he knew my parents were loaded so I gave it to him in the end. He had given his car to the dealer though also, so I ended up driving him to the final meet. When we got there the dealer...who was Shane,” He paused briefly to see my reaction.

I kept my face blank.

“He was standing by a black Mercedes with two big body guards around him. You see, Shane was the son a big drug dealer and he was taking up the family business. I gave him the money and then he said he's never give us trouble again.”

“Well, then why is he...and why didn't you tell me?” I asked.

“Well, he didn't like me after I punched him in the face for insulting Garrett; and I figured it was Garret's secret to tell, not mine.”

We sat in silence for a while and then Zac started his car up.

“Where are we going?” I asked, not sure now what I was feeling towards hime.

“Shane's house.”

POV: ZAC

Shane's house was big and grand, in a big and grand neighborhood. It was one of those new modern type houses and when I got out of the car Aaron got out also.

“Stay in the car.” I insisted.

“No Zac. I'm just as mad at him as you are.”

I knew when Aaron wanted something, it was best to just give up early and agree with her, so we both walked up to his door and then I knocked twice.

A man in a black tuxedo opened the door. “I'm looking for Shane.” I said politely.

“Just a moment sir.” The man said, and the door closed for a moment. When it opened again Shane was standing in the man's place.

“Zac? Aaron?” He said, shock evident on his face.

I was ready to punch him, but instead I grabbed him by the shirt collar and then yanked him out onto his driveway. A few body guards came over, but he ushered them away and then got up, brushing some dirt off of his shirt.

“Look, Zac, I don't give a shit about what you have to say to me, okay? I like Aaron and that's all there is to it.”

My body filled with rage. “You only like her because she's my girlfriend!” And then I threw a punch. A punch that had all of my body wieght into it and Shane went falling backwards.

Aaron only gasped;she didn't move.

He got up again, and this time his lip was cracked open and bleeding a little. He spit some blood out and then angrily spat out.

“Look you little punk a*s, I don't care and how do you even know which one of us Aaron wants? Maybe she wants me!”

I glared at him and then both of our gazes turned to Aaron.

Her eyebrows shot up and she said with a shaky voice, “I want Z-zac.” Her eyes were filled with sorrow. “Even though he hurts me a lot and we get in fights, people always say love isn't easy, but it's worth it...and every single time I look at him, my knees get weak. I can't ever imagine my life without him.”

My anger was suddenly fading away.

Shane looked disgusted and stormed inside his house, muttering out “This isn't over!”, but I didn't care.

I ran the short path to Aaron and then picked her up and hugged her. I spun her around a couple of times and then slid her down slowly so that our noses were almost touching.

“Do you really mean that?” I said.

A tear welled up in her eyes and she whispered out “Of course.”

POV: AARON

I got home at 9:30 and my body was emotionally exhausted; but as soon I stepped inside my house my mom came barreling down the hallway towards me.

“AARON!!!! Where have you been?! Oh my goodness, me and your father were worried sick! You told us you'd be home when we got home!”

She took me into a bear hug, and when she let go I was out of air.

“Sorry mom; I guess I lost track of time.”

She looked quizzically at me. “What were you doing?”

“Job hunting.”