I Dare You To... go skinny dipping

POV: AARON

We all stood there, our boots lightly crunching in the cold hard grass, the day before Christmas.

The white castle was gone, and in its place was a patch of dead grass, while the group of seniors were huddled in a small blob, hugging their warm jackets.

"I can't believe it's gone!" Creig excalimed; he was just a cute senior.

We had always seen a CITY NOTICE sign on the door of the building with a bunch of small writing underneath it, but we never thought that they'd actually tear it down!

"Well, we all got together so we got to finish our game somewhere else." Gigi said as she ushered us all towards Horseshoe lake.

When we all got there, we sat in a semi circle in the red barn, cuddling to the people next to us.

Me and Zac, Gigi and Crieg, Diane and Garret...

Okay, real quick, just to clear things up, me nor Zac have either talked to Garret, and Shane, well, we lost contact with him.

"Okay!" Diane said cheerliy, rubbing her mittens together. "Viv, i dare you to...Kiss Crieg!"

Zac had told me that DIane and Viv were apparently best friends now.

Viv smirked, looking at Zac briefly, and i felt his body tense up. She walked over and then leaned down and kissed Crieg, her red glossy lips meeting his for only a few seconds. Then she got up, winked at him...and Zac, and then sat back down, pulling her black skirt down over her pink tights.

"Okay..." Viv said, looking at everyone, thinking about who she was going to dare when her eyes landed on me. Oh please oh please...

"Aaron; i dare you to...go skinny dipping in the lake!"

I heard small gasps around the whole group, probably becausse they knew the water was going to be ice cold, and i said "No way! It's like 53 degrees outside; you're crazy!"

She huffed and crossed her arms bitterly and then spat out "Fine, do it in your underwear, but you have to do it either way."

I sighed and started to get up when i felt a tug on my arm. It was Zac; he was looking at me with pleading eyes but i just took off my jacket, and then my shirt.

Zac gave all the boys a glare that meant look at her and I'll tell coach you watch gossip girl.

****

I made my way to the water, my toes getting more and more numb each time i took a step further, and when i got down into the cold, grainy sand, and stepped one toe in, i practically squealed.

I heard some snickers behind me, and i looked back to see the whole group of seniors standing a few feet away from me, with Viv smirking at me while her arms were crossed.

I decided i had to just go head first, so i took a few steps back, and then ran full speed straight into the water, literally going head first, and as soon as my whole body hit the water, i knew this was a huge mistake.

I got up as fast as i could and when my head was above water i heard clapping. I walked back to see Zac running towards me, but then he suddenly stopped and just held out his hand.

"Good job." He said.

"W-what? You c-can't give m-me a h-hug?" I said, my teeth chattering uncontrollably.

He backed away a little, and i walked towards him and a handful of seniors pushed him into me, and i hugged him. I hugged that guy with all my might and when i let go he was soaking also.

"Thanks." He mumbled, but then smiled and hugged me again.

As we walked back to the red barn, he put my coat over me and then said to everyone "I'm going to take Aaron home, she's probably going to get sick."

"That's not fair! We all have to complete the game." Viv said, huffing and puffing with her lips etched in a scowl.

"Goodbye Viv." Zac said, in such a mean and low growl that it made my teeth stop chattering and everyone fell silent.

Viv glared back at him, but he just took my hand and led us the short back to the highschool and then he helped me into his car and started the drive to my house.

Before all our fighting, i'd told him he could spend Christmas with my family, and i was going to keep my word.

As we drove home Zac blasted the heat on full and i cozied up into a blanket he'd given me from his trunk, and my eyelids started to droop, and slowly i fell asleep.

****

POV: ZAC

"Mrs. Vene, we're home!" I said as i kicked the door open and walked with Aaron in my arms into the house.

"Hello Za- What happened to Aaron?!" Mrs. Vene's tone of voice turned from welcoming to worried in a split second.

"Nothing, don't worrry, she just got tired and fell asleep on the way home so i'm going to put her in her bed."

Mrs. Vene then gave me a supsicious look. "Okay...but don't forget, your bed is in the guest room down the hall."

I laughed and nodded and then walked up the stairs.

Aaron's mom was always worried we were "sexually active" which we are clearly not, but it always bugs me when adults use that term. Is it that awkward to just say SEX?

I kicked open Aaron's door and then laid her down on her bed and put her comforter over her and started to walk out when i heard her mumble "Zac, please stay."

I smilied lightly and walked over to her and knelt down. I kissed her forehead and then said quietly "Go to sleep sweets, I'll see you on Christmas."