Chapter 24 The Clean Up

reojenee

Chapter 24

I smiled proudly at my mates as they shifted back into human form after getting the last of the vampires. The clearing was littered with their dead bodies, along with some bodies of our wounded. The smell of blood surrounded us and the green grass could barely be seen anymore. I sighed and looked at the unfortunate members that had died during the awful attack; they fought hard and I would make sure everyone knew it.

"Alright everyone, please hurry all the wounded back to the castle so they can be taken care of by our medical staff." I announced, as members finally noticed all the damage done to our warriors during the attack.

Some of the members bowed and got to work, while others seemed to be in shock at the scene in front of them. I felt a look of concern make its way onto my face, before I let out a breath and shifted into wolf form and approached one of the injured and signaled a member to place them on my back.

I may be queen, but these are my people and I wasn't going to let others do all the work and potentially have more members die during the wait.

*****

"Alright everyone, this is the last haul; please make sure they arrive back safely." I called to the members who had come to help cleaning the field of the injured and dead.

Damon and I decided to take the bodies of our members so they could have a proper burial later on and moving the vampires' bodies closer to vampire territory, so they could collect their own without getting deeply into our territory. I also left Cain a nice little message on one of the bodies, so he would know never to mess with my people again.

I looked to my mates as they surveyed the area for anything suspicious. They'd gotten way more worried about me after this attack and I knew this would get old for me very soon. I loved these buffoons, but if they started hovering I would kick them in their baby makers.

"Ouch babe," Cameron pouted, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Don't butt into my thoughts and you won't get painful visuals," I laughed.

"I didn't butt in... I was just... listening." He smiled innocently.

"I'm sure," I grinned.

"Mhm; now let's get you away from all this blood and go to bed, we need to have an emergency training session tomorrow." He sighed, unwrapping his arms around me and taking my hands leading me back to the castle.

I cast a quick look to make sure Jason wasn't alone. He was with Nicole, seeming to be trying to comfort her, so I knew that he wouldn't be lonely if I left. 

As if sensing my look, his neck snapped toward me and he gave me a small nod before giving me a small smile. I smiled back left the field with Cameron.

__________________________________________________________________

Here you all go!

It took forever and is really short, but I hope you guys enjoyed it!

Now I got to get working on the next updates and hope you all are excited to see what happens next!

Have a Happy Easter everyone!

I love you all! <3