Chapter 28 We Have to Finish This

Madison's P.O.V

As we reached a clearing, I paused on my horse, gesturing for the others to stop as well, jumping off my horse. Walking the horses over to an area filled with scattered trees and high grass, and I sighed and looked to the girls, "let's sit and relax for a moment, it might be the only silence we have for a while." 

They all nodded from around me and I smiled, sliding down against the tree behind me and leaning against it, looking out at the clearing. It was a nice sunny day and I could hear the distant sound of birds chirping, making me smile at the sound. My eyes scanned the area, a recent habit, and I paused on each of the girls' faces. They seemed so comfortable, even after the unfortunate attack that happened to me... I wanted them to always be like that, but the lingering thought of being ready for battle plagued my head as they began to chat.

"We really need to get Madison a new hobby after all of this." Yasmine laughed, her eyes flickering to me, and I gave her a halfhearted smile, before looking around the field at our horses, then back to the girls.

It seemed that Nicole was beginning to join in, but every time her eyes caught mine, she would hesitate and I looked away, focusing on the scenery. The horses wandered away by a few feet, but not too far to worry me. Closing my eyes, I thought it would be nice to just rest, madness would ensue one day and while it wasn't here, I would enjoy my few moments of bliss. 

_____

Cameron P.O.V

I took a swig of my drink as Damon and I looked out at the pack training, "Do you think they'll be ready?" I asked, running a hand through my hair and looking at him. 

"I don't know... Madison is strong, but strong enough for this... It's a long shot and the best outcomes are still too hard to think about." Damon sighed, his eyes scanning over the members. 

"She's been training relentlessly and so have the pack, but you can never be ready against a threat you barely understand. Even when Emily was here, what did we really know outside of what they wanted us to know... We trust easily, it's our wolf instinct in this case it could be our downfall. Her fathers professed to be stronger than we've ever known and if Madison isn't at her full strength none of us will even stand 0.1% of a chance." A voice replied from behind us. 

I turned around to see Jason, he was in his sweats and his eyes looked wrecked. "What happened to you?" I asked, taking in his appearance, raising a questioning brow. 

"I was gathering some intel on the enemy... There were some rumors on their whereabouts and I went to investigate. Most of the rumors were in fact just rumors, but there was one location I found and it is crawling with weapons and some not so friendly faces. I didn't exactly see Emily or her father, but I think they have more people joining their cause and if that's true... Our numbers and our training is not going to cut it."

"Can you give us a body count? Any idea of the weapons or where they were headed?" Damon went into interrogation mode and we traveled into the house for more privacy.

"I can't be sure, but it was about the size of our ranks and if those are new reinforcements, we need to get the jump on them. An element of surprise may be exactly what we need to trip them off their feet and at least show that we can't be so easily taken."

"How many men were you thinking?"

"Take our ten strongest and one of us leading the charge, should make an impact if we can take down a third of their army," Jason replied.

"Madison will never go for it." Damon protested.

"Then we have to make her, we have to finish this... Before all lives are lost on both sides." I finally chimed in.

_____________________________________________________

Hi everyone! I know its strange that I'm finally updating, but I have seen some of the comments since focusing more on school and am really sorry for disappearing. I'm more focused on my Youtube channel and University, but I will try to finish this in hopefully two-three chapters!

I'm a little rusty though...

Like 

Comment

Love You All <3