Chapter Five

Jack's P.O.V

"I want to see and old friend." I replied. Lying because she still doesn't know I was once engaged. She already doubts I love her half the time because she's so young. She is only 19. I'm already 24. I just care about her a lot to lose her. "Do I know this old friend?" She asked crossing her arms.

"No but you will." I said the words slipping from my mouth. "I will? Why is that? What is this person to you?" "She's actually the girl.. Derek has low key been seeing." I lie she stands tacken aback. "I don't see why eagerness was laced in your tone to see her." She said jealousy filling her tone. "Because she was a very, very important friend to Gilinsky and.." Nate stopped talking.

"We grew apart and I left two years later. I want to see her and apologize. So I can feel better. So Derek could feel okay with being with her." I lie she looks puzzled. But then smiles "Well then, invite her to the wedding.! I would love to meet this very, very, important friend of yours babe. Sorry for getting all jealous. Sorry guys." She apologized smiling at me. "I want to meet everyone who has known you before me and since she's so important, I would love to meet her." She said smiling up at me. I nodd "will do baby. Derek will inform her. And you will meet her this weekend." I said looking at Derek.

"At dinner" I finished smiling "good!" She beamed hugging me then walking back up the stairs. "Just an old friend" Derek mocked. "What the hell don't you understand! She hates us! We were all her best friends and we left her heart broken just like you.!" Derek said through gritted teeth. I sent him a small smile "you'll do it because you're a nice guy." I said "not this time dude." He said getting up to leave "hey man no don't go." I said stopping him. "I don't want to be apart of your lying game. You hurt Lilianna, lie to Madison about Lilianna. I lost an important person in my life to Jack. Lilianna was like my little sister. She was important to all of us but because we got'chu we left her and took your side. How the hell can I show up and all of a sudden say she gotta be my girl for the next five - six months to attend the dude that left her on her big days wedding?" He said.

"I loved her. You fucking know that." He shook his head. "It's what you say brotha. But if you loved someone you wouldn't cheat on them or lie." He said. "You're moving on. Cool. You're aboutta' settle down, that's cool too. Glad my brotha's getting tied down. But I refuse to go and be apart of this lie because in the end Lilianna gets hurt." He said pulling his jacket over his shoulders harshly. "If you're my brother you'll do it." He laughed "you really wanna be alone forever." He shook his head in disapproval. "Aight. I'll do it. But if she declines best believe I won't fight it. I refused to be apart of your bullshit but no you got to bring a brotha in it." He said "I'm leaving. I'll let you know." He said walking to the door. I looked back at the guys to see a sad Johnson and Nate.

"He was speaking some truth." Johnson said slouched in his seat "yeah" Nate joined. "I'm going to go G. Stay in with your lady. I'm heading home." Johnson stood scoffing "can't believe you are so selfish to do such a thing to someone you say you still care for." He said Nate stood up from the couch. "Yeah me too brotha." He said sighing giving get me a brother hug. Before walking to the door Johnson had already left damn that boys quiet. I felt shitty for this my four best friends are angry and disappointed in me. I can't believe myself. I dismissed the thoughts and walked upstairs.

I opened our bedroom door to see Madison curled in a ball watching a movie on the TV. I smiled as a memory hit me.

Flashback

"Baby!" Lilianna's voice filled my ears as I walked she was laying on the bed hugging the blankets to her chest. "Come here I missed you!" She giggled. I smiled walking over to the bed. Pulling her small body next to me.