Chapter Seven

Lilianna's P.O.V

I woke up having some odd eager yet happy gut feeling it wasn't bad but something told me something unexpected would come in ignored it continuing to dress for work I pulled on my black collared shirt and my khaki pants. Getting done with brushing my teeth, I pulled my hair into a ponytail then braiding the rest of it. I pulled out the drawer wear I had my mini rubber bands and saw the redish maroon colored hard small box. My heart tugging a bit my mouth opening in a small gap. I still had it I mean if course I would still have it. How could I ever get rid of it. It was so special to me.

I pulled out the small squared red velvet colored box feeling the hard box in my hand. Seeing him didn't help me at all. I opened it revealing the ring he had given to me two years ago. When he proposed, my engagement ring. I sighed holding the opened box. I couldn't help but think about him. I shook away my thoughts deciding just to leave my ponytail alone. I closed the box leaving it on the counter and rushing to grab my phone and leave to my job. Grabbing the keys and locking my house was easy Vivian worked graveyards and over time now why I don't know. That girl has so much energy to work all night and still stay and work another couple of hours.

Hopping into my black truck making it come to life. I felt satisfied with the silence and drove to work without a sound but the engine to my truck. I pulled up parking within minutes getting off. But what stopped me was when I had seen Jacks Jeep pull into the parking space next to mine. I ignored it making my way until I heard the door open and he called my name "Lilianna.. wait!" He said getting out and walking towards me. I rolled my eyes continuing my path but he twirled me around. "What the hell! Don't touch me!" I exclaimed shoving his hand away rather harshly. His eye's dulled. "You're so gorgeous." "Que quieres hombre?" I asked annoyed "What do you want.? Or is your little fiancée wanting Starbucks? May I remind you my shift hasn't started and you got to go order from someone inside." He shook his head chuckling. "Madisons spending her day out with the wedding planner who is also her friend and I thought why not come and be with you.." I laughed "I didn't ask where she was and no thank you. My life is better without you.." I retort, lying.

"Why do I have this weird feeling convincing me that you don't mean that last part. Huh?" I laughed "because you're dumb." I say. "Ouch." I rolled my eyes "Excuse me my shift starts in fifteen minutes." I tried walking passed him but he stopped me. His arm on my waist. "Well, you got twelve minutes." He says. "What do you want?" I whine "I just want some of your time." "No" "please" "no" "please" "I said no!" I shout annoyed by his begging. "Why not?" He asks "Because I don't want my time to be wasted." He pouted "I won't waist your time" I shake my head "no is the answer and no is staying the answer." "I just want to catch up." I snort "on what? There is nothing to talk about with you and I don't want to play 'catch up' with you." I retort again.

"Well I do." He smiles I roll my eyes. "Go away Gilinsky." I groan. "I don't want to. Lilianna please let me just have one hour of your time?" I shake my head "My shift starts less then ten minutes and if it didn't I still wouldn't. You don't deserve my time Jack." With that said I walked passed him not caring if he comes after me or has anything to say. I was actually proud of myself for being honest with him. He really doesn't deserve any of my time. But some part of me, really, really wanted him to pull me back again. I inwardly groan at my stupidity again. I need to stop. I walk in walking to the back coming to a hault. I turn around to see him sadly getting into his black jeep.

A part of me wanted to go out and talk to him. But another reminded me why what I said was right and why I shouldn't and luckily the second reminder got the best of me and I walked to the back to clock in not caring for him.

Jack's P.O.V

"My shift starts less then ten minutes and if it didn't I still wouldn't. You don't deserve my time Jack." She said walking passed me. I stood there looking at the concrete. She was right, I'm stupid thinking she would want to talk about our lives without each other in them. I'm so selfish thinking of myself. I hurt her and I came to her job talking about Madison. I'm not going to get anywhere if I remind her about Madison. I shake my head disappointed and angry with myself, I walk to my jeep getting on starting it instantly and pulling out rather quickly and speed off.

I call up Derek inviting him for a couple of beers he accepts needing to talk to me. I wouldn't doubt it was to back out of the whole him and Lilianna dating thing and honestly I hope it is because it made my blood boil seeing her so casually touch his arm and hold his hand and smile at him like if there were something seriously happening. I grip my steering wheel in anger. It was honestly my stupid ass' fault. I turn off my jeep deciding I'll just wait for Luh inside and get started on a drink or two.

After having a shot I ask for a beer, thinking about the girl i have fallen in love with years ago and how I hurt her. I felt a pat on my back seeing Derek "already starting without me man?" I nodd "Give him a shot of patron and a beer" I told the bar tender she nodded. "What's going on man? You and Madison have a really bad fight?" I shake my head as he downed the shot. Grimacing in disgust "no." "Then what's up?" "Lilianna is what's up. She hates me, I wanted to try to catch up with her and she really hates me man." I told him taking a swig of my beer. He drank some of his before speaking.

"I wanted to talk to you about her." He said I nodd for him to continue "I'm honestly sorry bro, but I don't want to play this game where I like the poor girl. It isn't fair to her. It isn't fair to me, it isn't fair to you, even if it was your dumb idea." I nodd "god." I sigh "I seriously wanted you to say something like that. You don't have to anymore. Her and Madison have plans and when Mads makes a friend she makes sure to have plans with them every time after they meet." He seemed bored at the mention of Madison. But he nodds "I'll let her know." "No I will, tomorrow morning." I tell him. He nodded agreeing.
___

"Remember when Lil used to tackle the crap out of us?" I say he laughed nodding. "When we wouldn't answer her on the weekends" I nodded "even when you guys were together" He laughed I nodded "She was such a pain. She would beat the hell out of all of us and didn't even care if she hurt us."

"I miss the old her." He sighed "yeah I do too, she still has a mouth on her but, she didn't hate you guys." He nodded "It's all good bro, we got you." I laughed taking a swig from my eighth beer. I shook my head "you guys should've beat my ass." I bluntly say "oh, believe me, we wanted to but we're brothas." "But Lilianna didn't deserve it." "She didn't but it happened two years ago. You can't go back." I wish I was able too. "It's late Madison is going to kill me." I laugh he nodded I pulled out my wallet as I payed "Here bro. I got some cash-" I shook my head "it's all good I owe you" he shook his head "see you Wednesday." I nodd dragging the keys out of my pocket and leaving to my jeep. Leaving the bar on my way home I see Lilianna leaving her job..

Change in plans I'm not going home tonight. I call Madison as Lilianna put her things in her car before getting in

"Hello? Jack? Where the hell are you?"

"I'm not coming home tonight. I'm sorry Mads. See you tomorrow?"

"I'm busy tomorrow. I'll see you when I get home tomorrow if you're even here. I'm so disappointed in you right now."

"Mads I'm sorry I was with Derek. We lost track of time had a few beers and I-"

"Don't even explain yourself. Bye."

With that she hung up. I actually didn't care though. Lilianna pulled out of her parking spot and drove away as I followed her to her location. She was going to listen to me one way or another.

______

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter

Vote & comment?

I love you guys! 💕

{Marie 👑}