Twenty five

Liliannas P.O.V.

"HI mamas." I whispered to my daughter, her eyes gazing at me. "Que hermosa eres." I say admiring my little baby girl. "Mija, your dad needs to speak with you." My nanita, said her English accent rough due to her ever only speaking in Spanish all her life. I nodded "okay grandma, can you watch her?" I ask she smiled "well of course." She smiled nearing the pink crib where my baby lied, "I'll be back.." I say exiting the pink room.

Jack had gone to work today, odd because he hates business, but he surprisingly woke up and took care of Esperanza for a few hours while I rested and then left to work, which again. Surprised me so much. "Hi dad." I say entering the room. He and my mom, along with my grandmother, nanita. Have rented a home for them three to stay at, near by to take care of Esperanza and I or to help us out, but I honestly have done everything so smoothly that I don't think I'd need an extra hand but I love having them here, close by so I didn't bother stopping them.

"Hi babe." He said his voice tired "are you okay?" I ask "nanita said you wanted or needed to talk to me." I hesitate he sighed "I wished she would have waited." He said "are you okay dad?" I ask "yeah.. why?" He questions, "I get a feeling you are but aren't and if you aren't. Tell me, and tell me now. I'm not five any more. I can handle it." I say

He stayed quiet his attention focused on the television behind me. I frown, standing up since I knew better. "I don't know how to tell you." He said, his voice low. "Even if ypu are a big girl and you may think you can handle it, I know it will affect you." He said "just tell me." I rush "it's so hard to tell you." He sighed looking down at his hands.

"Why is it hard?" He sighed "baby.." he whispered "I.. I can be ill." He said slowly "ill?" I question "I may be dying." He said "how?" I ask to quickly "you were fine just before I had the baby, how could you just get sick and be dying." I say full of disbelief. I hadn't cried yet but tears fogged up my vision.

"Dad how?" I ask "I've known for awhile.. everyone has. I've just begged of them to stay quiet," "why!?" I ask rather loudly than what I meant for it to sound. "Because I wanted to be the one to tell you." He said "who knew?" I ask "Your mom, your cousins, tias, uncles." He said "did Jack know too?" I ask rather angry. "He did, it hurt him to keep quiet but he did-" I scoffed shaking my head to leave. "Lilianna!" My dad called as I left his room.

"Mira, tu mami" my nanita said I quickly took my baby from her "what happen?" She asked "I'm leaving I don't know what time I'll be back but I just need time for myself, and my daughter." I said she frowned as I tugged the diaper bag from her hands carrying it on my shoulder and Esperanza in my arms. I walked slowly downstairs.

"Mija, no te vayas. Talk to your dad." My mom said "for what? So I can know who else kept such an important thing like this from me?" I say "go home. All of you." I say slamming the door behind me.

I would go for a ride and then come home and calm down. At least try to before I speak to Jack. By now, I was crying but only enough to stop myself from completely breaking down. I had to do something to be okay. So I was going to walk around town with my little princess.

-

"Mom" I call out "dad..?" I drag I place my sleeping baby in her little crib like, play pin type of thing. "I love you." I whispered "as angry I am at everyone, every time I look at you.. nothing else matters.." I whispered to her "I feel nothing but joy when I have you.." I softly say.

"Esperanza Jade Gilinsky, you've completely blessed and changed my life so much. I love you baby, I'll repeat this to you forever. Sleep well princess." I whispered kissing her softly on her small forehead before stepping away.

I hear the door faintly open and close quietly. I turn to the entrance hoping it would be my mom or dad. "Jack." I whispered before running into his arms. "I don't care how mad I am at you or anyone. Please, please just hold me. The baby fell asleep and I've been doing my best all day to stay put. He told me today, he told me about his sickness and I swear my heart is breaking I physically feel it." I whispered

He hugged me tighter as I cried "I'm sorry baby." He whispered I only cried more holding onto him tighter, "where is everyone?" He asked I pulled away wiping my puffy face. "I was mad and now I regret it. I need to see them and apologize." I sniff he nodded "you go ahead, I'll stay here with our baby." He said smiling at where she layed, "I missed her all day. What a bummer." He frowned "don't worry, she'll be up around three." I smile before kissing his lips. "I love you" he said "I love you" I reply grabbing his sweater, "hopefully I catch them." "Esperanza." He said I smiled before leaving.

-

"Nanita it's my Lilly" I say knocking again. I hear faint noises before the door opens. "Nanita. Is my dad here?" I ask "I need to apologize.. to all of you." I say looking at the floor before her again, "perdona me." I say "please tell me if my mom and dad are here." I practically beg "he's resting." My mother said before walking down the last step. "Mom I am so sorry, please don't leave I'm just hurt and upset. I don't mean it, I just got used to you three being here" I say "it's okay baby your dad isn't mad. We weren't leaving." She said hugging me.

"It's late babe, what are you doing here?" My mom asked "I just need to apologize." "You did baby, head home to be with.. where's the baby?" My mom asked "she's with Jack." She nodded "go be with your family."

I hugged her and my grandmother before leaving.

-

"Babe." I call out "I'm back.." I whispered the last part seeing the baby not where I left her. I walked up the stairs

Seeing Jack and our beautiful baby sleeping peacefully. I smiled my heart swelling with happiness. I don't know how I ever got so lucky.

_______

I'm sorry for not updating in over two months :/ I just feel like no one reads this book anymore .

Vote, comment.