Chapter 21

Caleb's POV

I didn't know what to do. Spencer was home and Hanna was still here. We were so stupid. We should have kept an eye on the time. I started thinking fast before shoving Hanna into the en suite. I'd figure out a way to get her out. After closing the en suite door quietly, I walked out of the bedroom and into the kitchen where Spencer had just arrived."Hey you're home", I greeted. She came over and kissed me."Yeah. Did you miss me?", she asked.
"Of course I missed you", I replied.

I went into the sitting room and turned on the tv. "Do you want to watch a movie?", I asked.

"Sure. What do you want to watch?", she replied.

"I don't know. You pick", I offered She started to look through movies and I went into the kitchen. I looked in the cupboard and there was one packet of popcorn. I hid it in the back of the cupboard and walked back into the sitting room. "There's no popcorn. Could you go and buy some since im still in my pyjamas", I requested.

"Sure", Spencer said as she stood up and grabbed her keys. She walked out of the barn and I ran into the bedroom. As I did Hanna walked out of the en suite. "You need to get out of here fast", I said panicking. "Wait. How did you get here. Did you drive your car?", I asked. No. I got a cab incase anyone saw my car and thought it was suspicious", Hanna said. "Well I'll call you one now", I said as I took out my phone. I called for a Cab for Hanna. We walked out of the bedroom and waited for the Cab. We were sitting on the couch waiting when I heard a key in the door. Hanna jumped up and ran into the bedroom. Spencer walked in the front door. "Hey. That was fast", I said. "I was halfway there when I realised I forgot my purse",she replied. She picked it up off of the kitchen counter and then left.

Hanna came back out of the bedroom and hugged me. "That was close",she said. "Yeah. We're going to have to be more careful", I sighed. A few minutes later, Hanna's taxi arrived. I kissed her goodbye and she left. I was so relieved that she was gone. It was too close and we really had to be careful. Someday we might not hear the key in the door and everything would be ruined. I hated lying to Spencer. Maybe I had to end it with Hanna.