Chapter 24

Caleb's POV

Spencer and I had just arrived home from our first scan. I was still holding the picture in my hand. That was our little baby. Seeing it made me think even more about his or her half-brother or half-sister. None of this was fair. It wasn't fair that I had to choose between Spencer and Hanna especially since in a few months they would both be the mother of my baby. It wasn't fair that I had to lie to Spencer. I really do love her and I'm so happy that she is having my baby, but it all happened at the wrong time. I was so happy that I get to be part of mine and Spencer's baby's life, but I wish I didn't have to miss out on everything with mine and Hanna's baby.

I got cut off from my trail of thought when I heard Spencer talking to me. "Earth to Caleb", she siad, waving her hands around.

"Oh, sorry. What were you saying?", I asked.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to go to 'The Radley' for dinner?", she asked.

"Sure. Lets do it to celebrate our healthy baby", I replied.

We both showered and got dressed. I decided put on a black suit with a white shirt, since we were celebrating. Spencer wore a short royal blue dress. She looked beautiful.

We arrived at 'The Radley' and I requested a table for two. When we were seated, we were handed a drinks menu. A few minutes later a waitor came around and asked us what we would like.
"Could we get a bottle of champagne, please?", I asked. "Oh. Non-alcoholic, please", I added. The waitor went back to the bar and a few minutes later, came back with a bottle of non-alcoholic champagne. "You can ge yourself a beer if you want", Spencer offered. "No. You and I are going to share this nice champagne and enjoy it, even if it is non-alcoholic", I replied, laughing.

We then ordered our main course. I ordered a steak and steak-house fries, while Spencer ordered chicken breast and a salad. We were waiting for our food and I was looking around the restaurant. Just as my eyes scanned past the front door, it opened and a couple walked in. Oh No! What were they doing here?