Chapter 25

Caleb's POV

"Hey, Spencer", Hanna said as she walked over to our table.

"Oh, Hey Hanna.  What are you doing here?", Spencer replied smiling.

"Jordan and I just decided we'd eat out tonight as a treat. What abou you?", Hanna asked.

"Oh.  Well Spencer and I are celebrating", I butted in.

"We just had our first scan and our baby is looking so healthy", I added.

"That's amazing", Hanna replied glaring at me, clearly insulted.

"Anyway, we better go and get seated.  We need to get back nice and early so I can have a long rest. You know, for mine and Jordan's baby", Hanna added, trying to rub it in my face that I couldn't be in my baby's life.

Hanna and Jordan sat down quite far away from Spencer and I, thankfully.  A while later, our meals came out.  I was eating my steak when I excused my self to go to the bathroom.  I got up from the table and walked across to the far side of the restraunt where the toilets were.  I opened the swinging door into a small hallway which then seperated into the women's room and the men's room.  Just as I was about to walk into the men's room, the door of the women's room opened and Hanna walked out.

"What was that?", I confronted her.

"What do you mean", she asked pretending to be clueless.

"You know what I mean. That whole 'mine and Jordan's baby' thing.  I know that I walked out on you but I had to make that decision for everyone's sake and it's already hard for me.  I don't need you rubbing it in my face too", I complained.

"You started it by mentioning the scan.  You wanted to make me jelous that you and Spencer get to be happy with your baby and I have to spend the rest of my life lying to Jordan and make him think he's a father when he's not", Hanna responded.

"Well, I'm sorry Hanna but it's not all about you.  I'm going to have to see that baby everyday knowing that I'm it's father but I can't be there when it needs me.  If he or she wakes up crying in the middle of the night, I can't be there to make him or her feel better like a father should", I said, almost in years.

"I'm sorry Caleb, but you said it yourself this is what's best for everyone", Hanna said as she began to walk away.

All in one move, I grabbed her wrist, pulled her into me and placed my lips on hers. After a few seconds the kiss ended.

"I'm sorry for leaving you and the baby.  I love you.", I said stroking hanna's face.

I then moved my other hand onto her slightly rounded stomach." Both of you", I added.