Chapter 30

Hanna's POV

I walked into the small hospital room and everything I dreaded was confirmed. Jordan was lying in the bed covered in bandages. He had multiple tubes coming out of his body and it scared me. One machine which was attached to a pipe going into his mouth was helping him to breathe. If he wasn't even capable of breathing on his own, how was he going to eventually be strong enough to wake up and talk to me. He looked so helpless.

I walked towards him and sat down on a chair beside his bed and held his hand. " I love you, Jordan. Please don't leave me. We need to get married and love happily ever after. That's how it has to be or I'll never be happy. I can't do any of this without you. I need you", I cried.

A few seconds later Spencer walked in. She was followed by Aria, Emily, Alison, Elliot, Ezra and Caleb who all sat down quietly. "Hanna, I'm so sorry this has happened", Spencer said hugging me.

"It's not like it's your fault Spence, you don't have to say sorry. I just... I don't understand why this happened to him. He's such a good man and bad things aren't supposed to happen to good people", I said.

"Well, we're all good people - Me, you, Aria, Emily,Alison and everyone else that was dragged into that twisted game - And we've had every bad thing that could possibly happen to anyone happen", Spencer argued.

"Were not all good", I sighed.

"Well, yeah. We've all made mistakes, but who hasn't", Spencer replied.

"I know. But it was because of those mistakes that that big mess started. I mean, think about it. The "A game" started with us getting threatened to reveal our bad secrets and our mistakes. The game was the world's way of punishing us for every bad thing we ever did. Blinding Jenna, shoplifting, kissing other people's boyfriends, dating teachers. That's what the game was all about. We were being punished for all of that stuff. And now this is my punishment", I cried.

"Your punishment for what, Han?", Spencer asked.

"Nothing. It's not important", I said realising Caleb was glaring at me.

"Hanna, the world wasn't and isn't punishing us. That "A game" wasn't a punishment. It was just because some phsyco lost control and took it out on us, no offence Ali. And this isn't a punishment for whatever it is you did wrong. This is just life. Things like this happen and it was just an accident", Aria said standing up and walking towards me.

"But what if it wasn't. What if it's all my fault. I can't deal with that", I cried.

"Hanna I promise you this isn't your fault", Spencer said hugging me.

"Why don't you stay at ours for a couple of days since your place is going to need to be repaired", Spencer offered.

"No. I need to stay here incase something goes wrong. What if the world wants to punish me even more and he dies. I have to stay with him to protect him", Hanna cried.

"Hanna you can't stay here. Visiting hours are over in a few minutes anyway', Spencer replied.

"Fine, but I don't want to stay at yours", I said.

"Hanna I know that you just want to go home, but you can't. Your coming to ours and I'm not taking no for an anwser", Spencer said.

"Okay, fine", I replied. It wasn't because I wanted to go home that I said no to Spencer. It was because Caleb was there. Now I have to spend as long as it takes to fix up the apartment living with my best friend and her boyfriend who is also my ex-boyfriend who I am having an affair with and he is secretly the father of my baby. Great.