Chapter 29

Hanna's POV

I was running through the hospital trying to follow the stretcher after getting out of the ambulance. As I got to the reception desk I stopped running.

"Where are they taking him ? Jordan Hobart, where are they brining him?", I asked the women and the desk frantically.

"He's the 27 year old from the apartment fire, right?", she questioned.

"Yes. Look, I just need to know if he will be okay", I cried.

"Miss, please sit down in the waiting room. You will be notified as soon as we have news on Jordan", the women said trying to calm me down.

"What is your relation to him?", she asked me.

"He's my fiancé. Why is that important. I don't have time for answering stupid questions. I need to know if he's okay", I replied , angrily.

"I'm sorry miss. You are clearly very upset but I asure you the doctors are doing everything they can for your fiancé. Please sit down and as soon as the doctors find out anything you will be the first to know", she replied.

I sat down like the woman had told me to do. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't just sit here while he was in there and I didn't know if he was okay. I took out my phone and went to my group chat with the girls. I couldn't believe I was doing this. It had been years since the last time any of us did this. "S.O.S. Come to the hospital. It's Jordan. I need you guys", I typed before hitting send.

I was sitting on the chair tapping my feet anxiously when my phone beeped. "Oh my God. I'll be right there", Aria had replied. The rest of the girls then also replied saying that they would be here.

Twenty minutes later Aria ran through the swinging hospital doors and then she was followed straight away by Emily , Alison and lastly Spencer.

"Hanna what happened", Emily asked.

"I just went out for a little while... and when I came back... there were all of these sirens and lots of smoke", I began but I broke into tears. All of the girls pulled me into them.

"What if he's not okay", I said through tears.

"Hey, don't think like that. Atleast not until you hear from the doctor", Spencer said trying to comfort me.

We all sat down and waited. After about half an hour a doctor came through the swinging doors and walked up to the lady at the reception desk. He said something to her quietly and she pointed at me. The doctor turned around to face me.

"I believe you know Jordan Hobart", he said holding out his hand and shaking mine.

"Yes. I'm his fiancé, Hanna. Please tell me he's okay", I pleaded.

"Well, Hanna, it appears that Mr. Hobart wasn't severly damadged by the flames as ,so far, The firefighters are pretty sure that the fire started in the apartment above where Jordan was. However firefighters found Jordan underneath alot of rubble. They believe that the ceiling collapsed on top of him. He did have some internal bleeding when the paramedics got him here but we managed to stop most of it. However, I am sorry to say that your fiancé is in a coma. We don't know how long he will remain in the coma for but I promise you that he is in the best of hands here. I will let you know when we know more", the doctor explained.

"No... no. He needs to be okay", I cried to the girls.

"I'm very sorry. You can go to see him now if you want", the doctor offered.

"Yeah. I'm going to go and see him now. Can you all please stay here until I get back. I really need you guys", I said to the girls.

"Of course. No problem", Alison replied hugging me.

I walked towards the room that Jordan was in. I stood by the door about to walk in. I was scared for what I was about to see. I didnt want to see him like that because when I saw him I would know that it was real. I didn't want it to be real.