Chapter One

A YEAR LATER...

This past year has been a learning experience. When August first ended things I was upset, hurt and angry but in reality how could I be when I was the one that wanted to break up with him just a day prior of him getting arrested. All of that hurt and anger I channeled into my career and into my daughter. It may have been unrealistic but I was ready to erase every trace of August from my life.

I started off by doing what he asked and putting all of his things in storage. After all his things were put away instead of staying in the condo he planned for us I found a much better one, perfect for just the two of us. I got rid of all the old furniture and went out and bought new everything with the help of Kaliyah.

The main reason I had for moving was the old place held to many memories for me, good and bad. Me and August picked the place out with the intentions of raising Kaliyah there and being one big happy family and that wasn't the case anymore. I rather start new and start fresh and make new memories, all good memories, just me and my daughter.

August left me money but I refused to touch it. I had money, lots of money since he barely let me pay for anything while we were together. Everything I wanted and needed he got it for me. From paying for my dance studio to my tuition, I had more money in my bank accounts now then I knew what to do with.

I kept hearing August throw in my face that he bought me my dance studio, he paid for everything and if it wasn't for him then I would have nothing. He made me feel like I was some kind of gold digger and that I was only with him for his money and what he could do for me which wasn't the case at all.

His words only fueled my need to have my own, and I started with plans to expand my business. It was my plan since my business was doing so well and when one day I noticed that the local K-Mart was going out of business I saw the perfect opportunity. The place was huge, it was in the perfect location and that night I went home I immediately starting calling all the necessary people.

Everyone was skeptical, even Braeden. They saw a old run down building but I saw a diamond in the rough. I worked hard and put not only time but lots of money into making the place perfect and in six months later we held the grand opening. The place turned out better than even I expected and to say I was proud of myself was an understatement. And knowing that it was all mine, paid for with my money made me all the more proud.

The new place appealed to everyone of all ages and now I had the space since it was three times bigger than my old building. I hired dancers and instructors who specialized dancing that I wasn't familiar with. I had an old school class with an older women instructor who taught dances for the older generation. I hired a male and female yoga instructors and even some fun fitness classes.

I still taught my hip hop/pop dance classes for kids and adults but I wanted to take it a step further and go a little out of my comfort zone. Several nights a week I taught sexy dance classes, classes for women who wanted to spice things up at home or for women who just wanted to feel sexy and confident.

We had only been open a few months but the changes I made were worth the risk because business was booming. I estimated in less than a year I would have the money I put into the place back and more. The old building I shut down and it was just sitting there. I signed over the property to August and gave the papers to his lawyer. He loved throwing it my face that he was the one that paid for the property so he could have the place back and do with it what he pleased.

I came to the conclusion that I didn't leave him when I should of because I was scared of being alone, but I had no choice. I had to women up, it wasn't just about me anymore, I had a daughter to care for. She was and would always be my first and last priority. I had to be strong for the both of us.