Chapter Eight

K A S H M E R E

I was relaying what happened when I got home from the club the other night of my birthday to Braeden and Danielle over lunch. Kaliyah was spending the day with her dad so speaking of her dad I decided to fill them both in on what happened the night I can home from the club.

"So I get to my door and I can feel someone behind me and when I turn around it's August," I tell them.

"August? He randomly showed up to your place at 2-3 in the morning. For what," Danielle asked?

"He claimed he wanted to talk," I told her.

"And did you let him in," Danielle asked me.

"Yes," I nodded.

"Mhm," Braeden eyed me, "I'm sure she did let him in. You walking around looking all happy and smiling, like your floating on air and shit. You had sex with him didn't you?"

"For your information no I didn't."

"So what happened," Danielle asked.

I told them what happened and afterwords instead of telling me what I did was wrong or that I shouldn't have went there with him like I was expecting they both started laughing which caused me to laugh.

"Braeden laughed, "I bet he was mad as hell?"

"He was mad, but I didn't care. His phone was blowing up the whole time and I'm pretty sure it was that girl he's been seeing. She called about ten times and when he finally did answer he told her he was on his way. I figured she could help him out."

"Damn I wish you took a picture so I could of seen his face," Braeden chuckled.

"It was priceless."

We laughed for a bit longer until Braeden asked his next question.

"Hold up," Braeden looked at me, "What about Dominic?"

I put my drink down and sighed, "Weere supposed to make plans for later on this week or possibly this weekend."

"Do you feel guilty," Danielle asked me.

"Why should she, they aren't official yet," Braeden spoke for me, "And who's to say he isn't dipping and dabbing to?"

I shook my head, "I don't think he is."

"That's why August thinks he owns you. He's your first, your only. Until you move on forreal he's always going to feel like he has some kind of control over you." Danielle pointed out and I knew that she had a point.

"Did you not here what she told us. It seems like her moving on is making him get his shit together. It's a little to late yeah but at least he finally apologized."

"You and August being friends? How many times have you two tried that in the past and how many times have you two crossed that line," Braeden said and Danielle agreed.

"He took the words right out of my mouth."

"I told him I would try to get past everything but like I said that's easier said then done. I'm not ready to go back down that road with him again. I don't even know if I'm ready to go down that road again with anyone."

"So what are you saying?"

"Dominic is a great guy and I do feel guilty for what I did with August and apart of me regrets it but then there's another part of me that doesn't. I just feel like now is not the right time for me to get into anything serious with anyone and I don't want to lead him one. I was thinking about me and him sitting down and talking. Until I'm ready me and Dominic are better off as friends."