Chapter Thirty-One

K A S H M E R E

Our flight was at ten so after only a few hours of sleep I had to get up, get dressed and as I did August took me and Kaliyah's bags to his truck. He was going to drive us to the airport but before that we still had to pick up Kaliyah and his mom from her house.

I was in no mood to be cute so after my shower I threw on some sweat pants and a t-shirt and some sneakers. I made sure I locked up everything and then me and August headed down in the elevator to his truck. He called his mom to tell her that we were on the way.

"What's wrong with you," he asked me when he got off the phone as if he didn't already know.

"I'm exhausted and sore thanks to you."

He smirked as if he found what I said funny but I didn't think it was funny at all. If I wasn't pregnant before last night than I'm sure I was now.

As soon as we got in his truck I climbed in the passenger seat, got comfortable and dozed off. Next thing I know I was being shaken awake by August.

"What," I asked him annoyed that he had woken me up.

"We here," he told me and I looked out of the window and indeed we were at his moms house. I unbuckled my seat belt.

"Before you get out the car you might want to get that drool off your face," he pointed to my mouth.

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes at him, "I don't drool," I rolled my eyes at him but wiped my mouth with the back of my hand just to be sure. After checking my face I got out of the car and was greeted my Kaliyah coming down the steps with a big smile on her face and her backpack on her back.

"Hi mommy."

"Hi baby."

I kissed her cheek and then helped her get into the car. August came out of the house carrying his moms bag and she came out soon after.

When she got to the car I greeted her and covered my mouth to yawn immediately after.

"Long night," she asked with a smile and with the look on her face it seemed like she knew exactly why I was so exhausted.

"I'm fine," I told her. I got in the back next to Kaliyah and let her ride up front with August. During the ride to the airport I let Kaliyah talk my ear off. This was going to be her first time on an airplane and unlike my first time getting on a plane she was looking forward to it.

After doing everything we needed to do we sat down in the boarding area. Kaliyah was sitting next to August and they were talking and laughing about whatever while I watched them. I knew this day was coming and that didn't mean that I was ready.

I was sitting next to Ms. Sheila but I didn't realize she was talking to me because I was zoned out until she nudge my shoulder.

"Are you okay," she asked looking at me with concern written all over her face.

"I'm fine," I nodded, "Just tired."

"I bet," she smiled and another yawn came through and this time I used my hand to cover my mouth before I could lower it back she had snatched my hand and was admiring my ring. She looked at me and then glanced over at August before looking back at me.

"Is there something you want to tell me?"

"Were engaged."

"Again?"

"Yes," I smiled looking down at my ring. It was different then my old ring, the old one was more modern

but this one had a way more classier feel. It wasn't to flashy which wasn't my style, it was just right.