Chapter Twenty-Eight

A U G U S T

With a gun pressed to the back of my head the only thing I could think about was my mom, Kaliyah and Kashmere. How I was pretty much all I have left in this world, how Kashmere and me just got back on the right track, and especially how I wasn't going to see Kaliyah grow up and how history was repeating itself with Kaliyah about to lose her father at a early age same as me and same as Kash.

They were the only thing on my mind and I had no fear in me. In reality I knew that all the shit I did in my life would catch up to me eventually and I guess it was all about to come to an end or at least I though it was until I heard something crash from behind me. I didn't feel the gun pressed against the back of my head anymore and before I could make a move to turn around a gun shot went off.

I turned around just in time to see Craigs body fall to the floor with blood pouring out of the side of his head. I was confused as fuck until I noticed Kash walk up on him with the gun still on him as if she was waiting for him to pop back up or come back to life.

The women behind the counter started up screaming and crying again and that's when I knew I had to jump into gear. The first thing I did was make a call to my clean up crew and then I walked over to the lady behind the counter. The store was ten minutes from closing when I walked in and she was the only one working which was perfect for me, the less witnesses the better.

When she saw me approaching she held up her hands and started scooting away from me as if I was going to hurt her. After I calmed her down enough and assured her I wasn't going to hurt her and she finally calmed down enough for me to talk to her. From what she was screaming earlier I knew that she had three kids and was a single mother and so I made her an offer she couldn't refuse. After making a deal with her I kept her alive in return for her silence and threw in 20,000 dollars to keep her quiet.

Once the money was transferred into her account and she seen all those zeros in her bank account she got her act together real quick. I told her that I needed the security tapes from tonight and she got right on it. While she was in the back doing that I walked over to Kash who was still standing next to the body with the gun in her hand and pacing back and forth.

I slowly approached her and stopped in front of her and gently pried the gun from her hands and tucked it away and grabbed her shoulders so I could look in her eyes.

"You aight?"

She nodded her head and glanced over my shoulder and I already knew what she was looking at and I knew it was best if I got her out of here. I noticed her purse on the ground and grabbed it for her and took her hand and led her back out to my truck. Once she was inside I told her I would be right back and when I was heading towards the doors my clean up crew showed up and they got right to work.

I had seen so many dead bodies in my life you would of thought I worked in a morgue so watching them work didn't faze me. Once everything was cleaned up you would of never known what went down in here. I told them to make the body disappear as well as the car.

Once ever thing was done no one would ever know other than us what took place just twenty minutes ago. Once everyone was gone and the coast was clear I walked back out to my truck and got in. Kaliyah was still sleep and Kash was just staring ahead. I started up the car and drove back to her place looking at her every once in a while. She hadn't said one word since everything went down and just rocked back in her seat and looked out the window.

Back at her place I carried Kaliyah up and put her in bed and after making sure she was good I walked back out in the living room where Kash sat on the couch. Your first kill was always the hardest and to this day mine still haunted me so the last thing I wanted was for her to experience that. I had entertained her having a gun but I was hoping that she would never have to use it.