Chapter Fourteen

K A S H M E R E

I woke up with the worst headache I've had in a long time. I tried to move my arms but they were handcuffed to the bed I was lying on. Despite the pain I was in I yanked my arms hoping there was someway I could free myself but I only ended up hurting my wrists even more.

I looked around the dim room and didn't have a clue where I was or why I was here. There wasn't much of anything in the room except the bed I was laying on and a tall dresser across the room. No pictures on the wall or anything. The room didn't look dingy, it looked like it was freshly painted but it still didn't give me a good feeling. There weren't even any windows just two doors, one to my left and another straight ahead.

I lay there for what I'm not sure how long thinking the worst. When I heard footsteps I froze and my heart rate picked up because I didn't know who it was out there and I didn't know what they were going to do to me. I watched as the door straight ahead of me opened and I watched someone enter. When I realized who it was I instantly felt sick to my stomach.

"Did you get my flowers," he smiled from ear to ear, "I told you I would see you soon."

I screamed out loud hoping someone, anyone would hear me, help me but Jayceon started laughing like he thought my yelling was funny. I didn't care, I kept screaming but that stopped when Jayceon's hand wrapped around my throat cutting off my air supply.

"Shut the fuck up," he said through clenched teeth, "No one can hear yo' dumb ass and the ones that can hear you don't give a fuck about you screaming so shut up."

He let go off my throat and I gasped for air and coughed. Once I caught my breathe I reluctantly looked up at him as he sat next to me on the edge of the bed. He just sat there looking me over.

"Why am I here?"

"That's a good question. To be honest I thought I aint have no use for you. Not until a little bird came and put the idea in my head."

I listened but what he said still didn't answer my question.

"Like I said before you can scream all you want, no one's coming to rescue you. Your bitch ass baby daddy don't even know I got you but he will soon," he said with a hint of a smile.

"Your beef is with August, not with me, I have a daughter, you know that, you know me and August aren't even together anymore. Please don't kill me."

He frowned, "I'm not gnnna kill you. I got plans for you. I'm giving you a chance to join the winning team. I know August still loves you. That's as clear as day, and what better way to get what I want and fuck with his head then to fuck you?"

I looked at him in horror and shook my head no while he smiled, "In a few days August will be dead and his so called empire will be mine. Im gonna be the one running this city."

"You could of did this without me," I looked at him wearily praying that he was bluffing, "You could of taken over without me, you don't need me."

"No. He loves you, I'm sure he knows your missing right now, he's been blowing your phone up for the last hour. He probably don't have no clue what to do right now and once he finds out I got you it's only a matter of time before he agrees to my terms."

"August doesn't love me. He broke up with me. He's with other bitches. He doesn't give a fuck about me," I tried to down play our relationship.

He laughed, "So that's why he's been keeping tabs on you? That nigga loves you and everyone knows it. We can either do this the easy way or the hard way, either one is fine with me. It's up to you. All I need for you to do is listen, do what I tell you to do and you wont get hurt. You might actually enjoy yourself."