Chapter Twelve

K A S H M E R E

I didn't think that me and August would ever be in a good space again but we were. Us being friends was actually working well for the both of us and I would be lying if I said that I didn't miss him being able to talk to him without screaming and yelling. I missed laughing and being able to joke around with him, it felt like old times minus the romance.

Today August was spending the day with Kaliyah and he even decorated the spare room at his place for Kaliyah she was going to stay the night tonight. That left me with a free day so me and Danielle decided to hit up the mall, get our nails done and do a little shopping. Then after we were going to spend the night out on the town, girls night out.

It was Saturday afternoon so the mall was packed but that didn't stop the two of us from shopping. I bought things for myself and Kaliyah and even a top that I knew August's mom would love.

After walking the mall twice we took a seat in the busy food court to sit, chat and relax. After she filled me in on her drama she changed the subject.

"So what's up with you and your baby daddy?"

"Nothing, were just friends."

"You keep saying that but I'm just waiting for that cookie to crumble or for you to give up the cookie forreal this time."

"I gave him the cookie and he wasted it," I reminded her.

"Well you should of gave him another one."

"This time is different and that was a lapse in judgment. They'll be no sex, no kissing, no intimacy."

"Once upon a time you said you would never speak to him again and now look."

I thought back on all the shit I said I wouldn't do. I did say when he got out of jail that I wouldn't speak to him, I said that I wouldn't hang out with him, I said that I didn't want to be his friend or have anything to do with him but in a way August was my weakness.

"Do you think I gave in to easily," I asked her, "Thinking about everything he did to me, everything he said. I don't know I just feel like I forgave him to easily, that apart of me should still be mad at him and that I should hate him."

"I've known you for over ten years now and your aren't the easy person to get along with or get to know. Your stubborn and you can hold a grudge like no other and sometimes you can be bitchy-"

I gave her a look like Excuse Me?

"You know I'm right and let me finish. When you say your done with something your done but you know despite everything you still love him and he still loves you, that's why it was so easy for you to forgive him plus I think Kaliyah played a major part in the situation."

I played nodded, she was right and if it wasn't for me having to see him because of Kaliyah then I'm sure things would probably be different right now. I didn't want to be one of those grumpy baby mama's. For Kaliyah's sake so I played nice and I got roped back in.

"So is he still messing around with that chick umm...Deja I think her name was?"

I shrugged feeling a tinge of jealousy just being reminded of her and hearing her name,"I'm not sure, why?"

"Because she's right over there," she nodded to the left and I followed her eyes and recognized her as she walked with another girl. She wasn't hard to miss, she was ligth skinned and looked like a mix between black and spanish, had long black hair and she could give Kim Kardashian, Nicki Minaj, Blac Chyna and every other fake bodied celeb a run for there money.

"She's cute," Danielle observed, "But her ass if fake. There ain't no way anyone can convince me otherwise."

I rolled my eyes and looked away. She was okay t if you liked your girls fake and over the top. I don't even know how she sat down on that thing, it looked liked it would pop if you put to much pressure on it.