Chapter Thirteen

K A S H M E RE

I woke up and did my usual weekday routine. After getting myself ready for the day I then did the same with Kaliyah. She was spending the day at her grandma's so I was going to go into work alone. Once we were both dressed and fed I drove to Ms. Sheila's and dropped her off then headed to my building. Since I didn't have a class until later on I showed up around 11.

When I walked in my office I was greeted by a large bouquet of red roses in a crystal vase. I inspected them, and found a card that simply read SEE YOU SOON, there was no name or nothing to identify who sent them or where they came from.

I walked out of my office with the card in hand and ran into Judy, one of my employees who instructed yoga classes.

"Hey, do you know where the flowers in my office came from?"

"Yeah. When me and Braeden got here a delivery guy showed up and said they were for you. There beautiful, who are they from.

"I'm not sure actually," I looked down at the message on the card. I doubt that it was August plus it wasn't his handwriting and I doubted that it was Dominic either but I could of been wrong.

"Hey Braeden greeted coming from the back after one of his classes dismissed.

"Hi," I smiled at him.

"So what are we talking about," he asked.

"She's trying to figure out who the flowers are from," Judy informed him.

"My guess is your baby daddy since you and Dominic are done."

"I don't think so," I shook my head.

"Maybe you have a secret admirer," Judy looked more excited about the possibility than me, "It's lunch time, we should all go out and get our palms read."

Judy was very eccentric and superstitious. She believed in psychic's and always talked about how her grandma was one. I wasn't a believer in none of it, I didn't understand how a women looking into a crystal ball could tell me what my future held.

"Yes we should," Braeden shrugged, "We don't have to be back here for another hour and a half, "I went with her last week and I can't lie, the women was on point."

"Since when did you believe in any of that stuff?"

"Since I went and she knew stuff about me that no one else knew. I thought that I was being punk'd."

"You should come, just give it a try," Judy said and they both looked at me and I didn't want to be a downer so I agreed.

After we left the shop and got some food and then we ended up at the shop. From the outside the place looked like nothing special and inside I was expecting dark colors, candles and incense but instead I was greeted by the complete opposite.

The women behind the counter greeted us and greeted Judy by name.

"Back for another reading so soon," she asked Judy.

"No actually," Judy motioned me over and I made my way over, "This is her first time, she wants it all, palm and tarrot cards."

I looked at Judy and she smiled at me.

"Excellent," the women behind the desk smiled, "I'm Shanice, welcome."

I simply smiled at her wondering what was next.

"Let me guess, your skeptical," she looked at me.

"She is but I told her Madam Rue is going to change all that," Judy answered for me.