Finale

August was finally out of the hospital and I think I was more excited for him to be home than he is. Ms. Sheila and Kaliyah were coming back the day after tomorrow which gave him a bit more time to heal. I knew Ms. Sheila was going to have a fit once she found out about August being in the hospital but August told me that she would understand why I didn't tell her. Plus it's not like he told her either.

"Be careful," I told him after he winced in pain once laid back on my bed. He still couldn't do a lot of moving around so I was going to be on call for whatever it was that he needed.

"I'm good, you don't have to baby me."

"I'm not babying you. I'm looking out for you. Do you need anything, want anything? Are you hungry?Do you want something to drink? Do you have to-"

"Come here," he cut me off and patted the empty space on the bed. I walked over to the bed and instead of sitting just stood.

"Yes?"

"Lay down with me."

I smiled at his request and did as he asked. I laid as close to him as possible without causing him any pain and we lay in silence for a while the both of us lost in our own thoughts. Or at least I was because I was brought back to reality when I heard the flicker of a lighter and noticed him sparking a blunt that I don't know where he got from.

"Seriously? Do you think you need to be smoking that in your condition?"

He ignored me and took a pull anyway and blew it out before answering me, "This is grade A shit right here. I knew who grew it, I know what's in it unlike them pills the doctor told me I need to take which fuck up my appetite."

"You may have a point about that," just from the week in the hospital he probably lost ten pounds and that wasn't much but it was noticeable on him since he was already so thin.

"What you trying to say?"

"Your so skinny," I poked his arm.

"I'm not that skinny and stop poking me. It ain't my fault your ass is getting fat."

"Excuse me?"

"What, I meant that as a compliment but forreal your ass is getting fat. Come to think about it, you been eating a lot lately. You haven't been feeling nauseous have you?"

"What are you hinting at?"

"You may be pregnant," he smirked.

"No."

"Yea. It's what I was trying to do that last night we were together."

"So...you were purposely trying to get my pregnant, when you knew there was a possibility that you could die?"

"I wasn't thinking I was going to die, on the real I just wanted to get you pregnant."

"Well I'm not pregnant so can we change the subject."

"What do you wanna talk about?"

"How do you feel, about everything that happened. About everything Mace said?"

I needed to know that he was okay mentally after he confessed what Mace told him while he had him at gunpoint. When I asked him if he was okay he said he was but I just wanted to make sure.

"I feel betrayed honestly, I thought I knew him but in reality I ain't know him at all. It's fucked up but I'm glad he's dead. What about you?"

"I'm fine and I don't regret pulling the trigger. He deserved what he got."