Chapter Five

He looked dumbfounded for a second and who wouldn't be, he was staring down the barrel of my gun. He knew that I wasn't a gun fan so I'm sure he was shocked that I was standing there holding one to his head.

His dumbfounded expression didn't last long, instead of showing any signs of fear he looked me up and down from head to toe and smirked before barging past me and inside without a word.

"This nigga," I mumbled shaking my head before I closed the front door and turned back to look at him as he looked around my place.

"What the hell are you doing here August? How in the hell do you know where I live?"

"I got connections. I also know all about that nigga you was out with tonight. Dominic James Foster. He works uptown at Bradshaw and Company. Finance Manager. Born November 6, '89. Went to NYU, graduated 8th in his class. Parents Celina and Brian Foster, his sisters name is Darlene. I can keep going if you want me to," he looked at me.

I rolled my eyes, "Congratulations, you did your research now get out," I pointed to the front door.

Instead of doing what I asked he walked over to my couch and took a seat and looked around, "This shit is nice. I need to get you to decorate my new spot."

"There's no need for you to get comfortable, you need to leave."

"Why, you expecting somebody?"

"I might be."

He stopped looking around and focused his attention back on me and gazed at the gun in my hand.

"You need to put that away before you hurt ya'self. Do you know how to use that?"

Want me to show you," I raised the gun and pointed it at him.

He stared dead at me and then cracked a smile, "You need to put it away like I said and stop playing. Don't point yo' gun unless you plan on pulling the trigger."

I looked at him before lowering it down and placing it down.

"I hope you keep that shit locked away somewhere. Where the fuck you get that from anyway?"

"I'm not an idiot and Mace got it for me," I looked down at the gun, I tested out a lot and this was the one I liked, "He said that I needed something to protect myself now that I'm well known and living alone."

He looked at me, "Mace huh?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "He's the only one who actually came around to make sure that I was okay while you were locked up."

He didn't look to happy after I said that and I didn't understand why, "So you and him are close huh?"

"I wouldn't say that."

"But he knows where you live, he was coming around while I was locked up."

I looked at him like he was crazy knowing that he wasn't insinuating what I think he was. Yes, Mace helped me out a lot because he had lot's of business connections. He helped me find my condo and he helped me out with my new dance studio. He checked up on me and Kaliyah while August was locked up and we hung out twice.

"And you know this how," I asked, "You were keeping tabs on me?"

"You could say that," he leaned back.

I shook my head, "What are you doing here," I asked him once again.

He lightly shrugged his shoulders, "I can't come and see my daughter?"

"Your daughter is not here and even if she was it's after 11 and she would be in bed. So stop lying and tell me why your really here."

It was no coincidence that he seen me out and now all of a sudden he pops up at my place unannounced.