Chapter Eleven

K A S H M E RE 

August had made plans to take Liyah to the park so she could drive her little car he got her for her birthday and since I had nothing else better to do August invited me to come along. I hadn't really seen him since our whatever it is you want to call it but every time I did I couldn't help but want to clown him.

I dressed in some skinny jeans, tank top and a pair of converse and dressed Liyah similar and even did our hair the same at her request. Once we were both dressed there was a knock on the door. He was right on time. Kaliyah got up to hug him and grabbed my purse from the couch and my keys and walked back to the door.

"Ready," August asked and I nodded. I closed and locked the door behind me and trailed behind them as Kaliyah talked his ear off about this and that.

Once she got to the park she rode around and of course all the other kids started crowding around. She made a lot of new little friends and after a while she abandoned her car so she could run and play with the rest of the kids.

It seemed like everyone had the same idea, to take their kids to the park especially the single mothers. Liyah wasn't the only one making new friends.

All it took was me telling one women that me and August weren't together and it was like a free for all. I wasn't jealous, to be honest I was enjoying myself. They were like flies, you swat one away and here came another.

August was now talking to a women who looked to be in her thirties. She reminded me of a young Tasha Mace from the show The Game and while I kept an eye on Kaliyah I kept an ear on the conversation the two of them were having.

She pointed out her son in the crowd of kids and August pointed out Kaliyah.

"She's beautiful."

I know

"Your going to have to lock her away once she becomes old enough to date," the women attempted to make a joke but to August that was nothing to joke about. Whenever Kaliyah was old enough to date I imagined she would have to do it in secret because I knew August was going to be the biggest pain in the ass.

Augus's facial expression said it all, he didn't even want to think about it.

"My son just started kindergarten this year," she told August, "They grow up so fast don't they?

"Yea."

The women smiled, "Deshawn is a bit shy so I try to bring him to the park so he can make friends, I'm trying to get him out of his shell. I actually wanted to set up a few play dates for Deshawn," she started and I knew exactly where she was headed with this.

"Right," August nodded his head waiting for her to continue.

"Invite a few kids over my house or either or. They could play, talk, watch movies, eat snacks and maybe you could bring your daughter over one day. While they get to know each other better so can we," she flirted with him.

I looked at this hoe like she was crazy. She was really trying to fuck him while my daughter and her son were in the same house?

August looked back at me and I looked right back at him crossing my arms over my chest waiting for him to answer the chick.

"I'm sorry I thought you two were," the women quickly spoke up looking between the two of us.

"Were not," I shut that down, "Together so don't mind me, please continue."

She nodded and turned her attention back to August with a look of new found confidence on her face.

"Or if your not comfortable coming over, you know stranger and all we can schedule meet dates here at the park."