Chapter Twenty

A U G U S T

I've been in kitchen slaving for four hours and I was finally done. After having Kaliyah for the whole weekend I had convinced Kash to come to my place to pick her up so we could all go out to dinner. What she didn't know was that we weren't going out but staying in because I had cooked something I haven't really done in a minute. I had made a little bit of everything from fried chicken wings, baked mac and cheese, yams, just to name a few.

I've been cooking ever since this morning and I was tired but I knew all my hard work would pay off. I had been trying to get her to go out, get her smiling and laughing as much as I could and she was doing a lot better but sometimes I could see just my looking at her that she still had some stuff to work on. I just thought I could do something out of the ordinary for her.

"Is mommy on her way yet," I walked into the living room where she sat on the couch with a book in her hand looking at me.

"She should be. Go wash your hands and help me set the table."

She slid off the couch and did what I told her to while I finished buttoning up my shirt. I didn't just cook but I went all out and was dressed to impress as well as Kaliyah who was dressed up as well.

We sat everything out on the table and as soon as we were done there was a knock on the door. Kaliyah looked at me and took off towards the front door. She stood hand on her hip waiting for me to open the door because she knew better than to open up the door.

I looked through the peephole and smile.

"Is it mommy," Liyah asked.

Instead of answering I opened the door and when she saw Kash she her face lit up.

"Mommy," she hugged her before she could even take a step inside.

"Hi," Kash bent down and hugged her, "I missed you."

"I missed you too mommy."

"You did," Kash smiled, "Did you have fun with Daddy?"

"Lots of fun," she nodded her head.

"Did daddy do this," Kash asked looking over her hair.

"Yes," Kaliyah touched her hair, "You like my bows?"

"There very pretty and they go perfect with your dress," Kash kissed her cheek and sat her down and turned her attention to me.

"Hey," she smiled at me.

I looked her up and down. I had told her to dress nice but I wasn't expecting her to put on a dress. She had gained back all of the weight she lost and then some and the dress showed off all her curves. Her hair was in it's natural state and in a messy bun and her makeup was minimum. She was fine as hell and I felt like punching myself for letting her go.

"Me and Daddy cooked you dinner," Liyah smiled letting the cat out the bag. I guess she was waiting for me to tell her since all I could do was stare at her.

"I thought we were going out?"

"No. Surprise," Kaliyah smiled taking her hand, "Come on and look."

Kaliyah dragged her to the dining room and I followed behind them watching her face go from shocked to confused before she turned around to face me.

"You cooked all this, by yourself?"

"I had help," I smiled at Kaliyah who smiled back at me.

"It's a lot of food."

"It is so I hope your hungry."