Chapter Twenty One

K A S H M E R E

Over the next month August has kept true to his word about coming with me to therapy. I didn't think he was going to talk during our session but he was the one doing the most talking. Of course he had to skate around some stuff but for the most part he was honest. We both recognized that we both let things spiral out of control and the main thing we were tasked to focus on was our communication so that's what we were working on.

I don't know what he was doing when it came to extracurricular activities but not a day went by where I didn't hear from him and not two days went by when I didn't see him. He would call me to check in during the day and show up to my job and take me to lunch or sometimes out to dinner. On the weekends we would set up fun things to do with as a family and at this point I prayed that things stayed the way they were.

It was Friday and I was doing what I did best, dancing. I was teaching my last class of the day and I when we let out I had to go home and get dressed because August was going to meet me at home so we could all go out, dinner and a movie. Kaliyah has been wanting to see the new Disney movie.

Missy Elliot's Work It blasted through the speakers as I moved to the music and watched as all the kids behind me mirrored my moves. These kids had passion and drive and I've been working with most of them for over a year now.

We not only danced but I also taught them about discipline and motivated them in any way that I could. I knew all of them by name and I wanted to say that any of them could talk to me about anything. I didn't just want to be there dancing coach or instructor but I wanted to be someone they could confide in and look up to.

"One last time from the top," I instructed and when the song came on again and I paid closed attention to everyone. It was almost magical how fast these kids picked up each dance move and how each one had there own personal style. They had all kinds of personalities, you had the girly girls and the tomboys to even the class clowns, the so called bad kids, the nerds to the shy and quiet kids. Half of these kids went to several different schools and some even knew each other but when they stepped in here they all put there differences aside and bonded over one of the things they loved most, dancing.

After we finished up I all congratulated them and gave out some high fives and told them Monday they would have to agree on a song. Every other week we would alternate I would pick a song to dance to one week and they would pick a song the next week. The new music out most of them loved but you could never go wrong with Missy Elliot.

Me and Braeden waited with the kids while they gathered all there belongings and walked out and one by own got picked up by there parents or whoever was taking them home. When everyone was gone for the night me and Braeden got ready to lock up.

"So what do you have planned for the night," I asked Braeden.

"Ehh nothing. I plan on going home, taking a shower and ordering some food and catching up on some of my shows before having a wine cooler or two and getting in bed."

"Wow," I smiled, "How the roles have reversed."

"Well I don't have a baby daddy to spoil me and show me off."

I laughed, "August doesn't spoil me."

"Sure he doesn't," he gave me a look, "But I am glad he has been on his best behavior. It wont be long now before you two are back together and wind up pregnant."

At the mention of me being pregnant he immediately started apologizing, "I'm sorry I-"

"It's fine, I'm fine," and I really was, "Me and August are taking things slow. We have-"