Chapter Two

K A S H M E R E 

It's been three weeks since August had been out of jail and we rarely saw each other and that was fine by me. We had one conversation and that was about Kaliyah. I told him that some days she came to work with me and some days she stayed with his mom and that he was free to spend time with her whenever he wanted.

He's been picking her up from his moms and dropping her off over there. Kaliyah was just happy to be spending time with her dad. August had stepped up and was actually coming around to see her more often and that's all I could ask for because before he got locked up he was rarely around. I just hope it continued.

"So how's everything been going since I last saw you," Dominic asked.

Dominic and I met up for lunch once and sometimes even twice a week. At first I simply liked being around him, he was nice and he wasn't bad to look at. He wasn't the first man to approach since I've been single but he was the first who didn't seem like they just wanted to have sex. He was the perfect gentlemen in every sense and very mature.

"Everything is great. Between work and Kaliyah I've been keeping myself busy. What about you?"

He shrugged his shoulders and smiled, "Life of a finance manager isn't as exciting as I thought it would be. It gets boring but it pays well."

"Well if you get to bored I could always hire you down at my studio. Can you dance?"

He laughed softly, "No actually and I rather not make a fool out of myself in front of you."

"You could never do that."

He smiled at me and I smiled back before turning my attention elsewhere. I was a bit rusty with this whole dating thing and I had been trying to take things slow. We hadn't really put a title on anything, it was just two new friends going out and getting to know each other.

I had told him the short version about August. That I was with a guy for a long time, Kaliyah's father and things just didn't work out. He seemed to be fine with it and told me that he understood and that we could take things slow and start off as friends.

We continued to talk and eat but we both couldn't stay for long because we both had to head back to work. Once we paid we walked out and he walked me to my car.

"I have a confession to make."

I looked at him and thought the worst. He was going to tell me something I didn't want to hear. I knew he was too good to be true.

"I enjoy the time that we spend together, the time that we spend getting to know each other. I know you have a lot going on and that you wanted to take things slow but I like you. I like you a lot actually and I guess I just wanted to know if you like me and possibly want to go on a real date? Don't get me wrong, are lunch dates are great but I just kind of want to do something more intimate with you. I know you stated you just want to be friends for now and I understand if that's how you still feel-"

He rambled on and I smiled because I had never seen him so ruffled. He was always poised and calm.

"I would love to go out on a real date with you," I cut him off.

"Seriously?"

"Yes. I mean I think it's about time you saw me outside of my work clothes," I looked down at my clothes. I was wearing sneakers and jeggings, nothing to spectacular considering I basically danced for a living.

"Great," he exhaled as if he was relieved.

I smiled. I've only been with one person my whole life and although I was still cautious I knew I wouldn't get anywhere being cautious. I was going to see where this goes, it's not like I had anything to lose.