Chapter Thirty-Two

A U G U S T

Tonight was the night. It was a little past one in the morning and me and my crew were loaded in two trucks armed and ready for whatever. We were parked down the street from Mace's house and ready and waiting for the text.

When I called Kash off Mace I did it to protect her and also because I found someone else to do the job. Tammy was a girl I knew from around the way, she was a nice girl but she wasn't my type. Years back she confided in me about how she grew up and how her dad was abusive to her and her mom. I felt sorry for her so I asked Mace to hire her at his club as a bartender.

She stopped working there a few years ago after she earned enough money to pay off her college loans. I still saw her from time to time out and about and the years have been good to her. Mace's main weakness was women so I sat down with her and ran my plan down to her promising to make it worth her while and she agreed.

I set the whole thing up, her car broke down and Mace being the man he is like I knew could never let the chance to be captain save a hoe took the bait. He paid to get her car towed and fixed and even rented her a nice ass Mercedes for the week her car was in the shop. They were texting and from what she told me he was laying it on thick.

A few weeks had passed and they had went out a few times and tonight was the night he invited her to his place for the night. All I was waiting on now was a text from her giving us the go.

"You ready," Trey asked looking over at me.

"Ready for this shit to be over," I told him and I was. I just prayed that everything went as planned. Some of my guys were going to be sitting in the car keeping watch while of course most went with us into the house. While they picked off the security my main focus was getting to Mace's bedroom. I wanted to be the one to pull the trigger.

To get my head right I hadn't looked at my phone all day today. I needed to be focus on what I had to do tonight and I couldn't do that. I knew that one of them probably found the envelope I put in Kaliyah's suitcase and I'm sure they were blowing my phone up. As soon as all of this was over the first thing I was going to do was give them a call but until then I had to stay focused.

The burner phone I had rang through with a text from Tammy giving me the okay and I looked at the clock on the radio. It was 1:58, at 2:00 all the power to the house would shut off, no alarms, no security camera's, no lights, no nothing would work.

"Show time," I told them pulling my mask down. I got out of the truck with my crew following close behind. I didn't need to say anything because they all knew what they needed to do and they knew why we were here. I wasn't the only one that Mace did wrong so I wasn't the only one who wanted him dead. As we approached the few lights that were on went out and I check my time and they were right on time.

I knew this place like the back of my hand so I led the way. I had five guys waiting by the front door waiting for the signal, gunshots. While the rest of the team followed me through the back yard and to the back door. After a quick count down two of my guys kicked down the doors and we stormed in. Like I figured Mace had security but thankful for us we were ready.

As soon as the sound of gunshots rang out my guys kicked in the front door taking his men off guard. While they did that I didn't want to waste any time. I headed up the stairs keeping watch to Mace's bedroom making sure to watch my back.

I tried his bedroom door and to my luck it wasn't locked so I walked on in. This nigga had slow jams playing in the background and you would of thought he heard the gun shots but if he did I'm sure he wouldn't be still in bed messing around with Tommy.