Chapter Seven

I rolled my eyes and sighed crossing my arms over my chest, "What are you doing here August?"

He shrugged his shoulders, he had his hands in his pocket and he was dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie, "I was in the neighborhood."

"In the neighborhood? It's almost three in the morning."

"I know."

I shook my head and unlocked my door and walked inside with him right behind me. I looked at him and I wasn't oblivious to the fact that he was checking me out.

"You must like what you see huh," I joked giving him a 360 view of me in my dress.

"I love what I see," he licked his lips and I frowned because I was expecting him to say something smart back, not flirt with me.

"S-seriously what are you doing here?"

"I can't come pop up on my baby mama?"

"No you can't. Last time I checked we weren't on good terms like that and even if we were you still have no right to just show up at my place unannounced."

"I just thought we could talk, I mean we could be on good terms like that if you wanted us to."

I shook my head, "As far as I'm concerned things are good the way they are so there's no need to go changing things up now."

"So you can't even sit and talk to me?"

I sighed, "I need to go to the bathroom."

"I ain't stopping you. I can wait."

I nodded and walked back to my bedroom and kicked off my heels and doubled back and locked the door. I grabbed something to change into so I could take a shower. If he was so eager to talk to me by showing up my house at three in the morning then he could wait a bit longer.

Once I was done I dressed and met him out in the living room. I half expected him to be gone but he was right where I left him.

I kept my distance and sat on he couch across from him.

"You said you wanted to talk so let's talk."

Instead of speaking he just started at me and I rolled my eyes, "I don't have time for this, it's late and I'm tired August. What are you really doing here?"

He lazily shrugged his shoulders, "I wanted to see what you were up to."

"So you think the appropriate thing to do is to just show up? You could of called."

"Would you of answered yo phone?"

"Yes because unlike you when someone calls my phone I answer because you never know. I don't ignore them or turn my phone off."

"I told you you can call me whenever you need to."

"I'll keep that in mind," I had no intentions of calling him for anything, "But just because you figured out where I stay doesn't give you the right to stop by anytime you feel like it. What if I would have had company or-"

"Company," he repeated the word with a frown and I didn't mean it in that sense but it was funny to see him get bent out of shape so I decided to mess with him.

"Yes, company. I'm grown and Kaliyah is gone for the night. You never know."

"Keep playing."

"Who's playing? Just like you have needs, I got needs to."

I could tell that he was getting irritated and I took pleasure in that.

"So how are you since the last time I was here," he decided to change the subject, "Happy birthday by the way."