Chapter Thirty

K A S H M E R E

In two days we were leaving and today I let August and Kaliyah have a father daughter day while I packed up our suitcases. I had my ipod on shuffle and it was blasting from my customized Beats pill. I was dancing and singing along to Drake's Child Play when I thought I heard knocking from the front door. I turned my music down some and indeed someone was knocking on the door.

Looking down at my clothes, I was only wearing one of August's wife beaters, I had on no bra and I was in my underwear. I grabbed a pair of sweats and a sweater and threw it on. Looking out the peephole I was surprised to see Mace.

Ever since August called off the plan I had took a step back and it was because August told me to ignore him. I didn't see how that was smart but August said that by the time he got to suspicious I would be gone out of town. But nope because here I was still in town and here he was standing on the other side of my door.

I sighed and put on my game face before opening up the door.

"Hi," I greeted him.

"Hello, May I come in?"

"Yes," I moved aside so he could enter and closed the door behind him. Once he was inside I waited for him to tell me what he was here for.

"I hope you don't mind me showing up here like this but I was worried about you."

"You were?"

"Yes. You haven't been answering any of my calls and when I stopped by your business earlier they tell me that you were about to leave town."

"I am," I nodded.

"To where?"

"California," I told him.

"Oh," he nodded, "I didn't know."

"Me either. It was a surprise from August.

"August," he said his name like it left a bad taste in his mouth, "That was nice of him, is he going to be coming along?"

"No. This is a girls trip. Me, Kaliyah and Ms. Sheila."

"How long do you expect to be gone?"

"A week," I lied but in reality I didn't know when we would be back I just knew that when we did come back that the plan was for him to be gone. This was probably my last time talking to him.

"When you get back in town we should get together. Have lunch or dinner."

"I would like that," I smiled.

"Well I'll go."

Just as quick as he got here he was gone and I was relieved

-

It was our last night in town and I worked today so I could say goodbye to my students and my employees. I was nervous at first about leaving but I knew that Braeden would have everything under control. Our flight was at ten the next morning so all I wanted to do was go home, take a bubble bath and go to sleep.

August was supposed to drop Kaliyah off later tonight and I was okay with that. I thought I was coming home to the house all to myself but when I got home and opened the doors I got the shock of my life. All the lights were dim and there was low music playing in the background. I almost thought I walked into the wrong apartment until August walked out of the kitchen and greeted me with a kiss and took my bag off of my shoulder.

"What is all of this," I asked.

"Tonight is our last night and so I thought that I do something nice. I'm cooking but the foods not ready yet. I got the bathroom all set up for you."