Chapter Fourteen (Short)

K A S H M E RE

I had a long day but thank god it was Friday. Kaliyah was again spending the night with August so aI had plenty of time to kill so after my last class of the day and everyone cleared out I sent Braeden on his way to. I cut the music on and did what I did best, dance.

Me and August's relationship was weighing on my mind. One part of me wanted to forgive him because I missed him and I wanted my family back but another part of me was scared. Scared that if I did give in and give him another chance that he would revert back to his old ways. I can't go through what I went through with him in the last two years but when I thought about my future I couldn't picture anyone else by my side but him.

I stayed longer than I expected to, I planned to dance for only about twenty minutes but by the time I looked at the clock almost an hour had passed. I cut the music off and sat down lost in my thoughts for a few more minutes before deciding to leave.

After I made sure everything was shut off for the night with my purse in hand I alarmed the alarm and as I locked up the doors behind me my cell phone rang and from the ringtone I knew it was Danielle

"Hello?"

"Hey are you home?"

"No yet," I walked over to my car, "Why?"

"I'm bored and you said that August had Kaliyah so I was thinking we have a nice night in. I have wine, Cake and Ice-Cream."

"Cool I just have to go home and shower first and change into something more comfortable but I should be there soon, forty five minutes at the most."

"Great-"

I just reached my car when I noticed a truck came flying in the parking lot.

"What the hell," I mumbled.

"What's wrong," Danielle asked.

I didn't answer her because I had a bad feeling and I knew something wasn't right when the truck pulled up next to my car. As soon as I saw the doors swing open I my instincts told me to run. I took off in the other direction but as I ran I could hear heavy footsteps running after me.

I kept running without looking back, I knew for a fact that I had no time to run back inside of my studio so I ran towards the street hoping to flag down someone. I heard gun shots coming from behind me but I wasn't turning around to see what was going on.

I was almost to the street when the truck from earlier cut me off almost running me down. Before I could turn around or run around the truck I was being lifted off my feet from behind. I kicked my legs and screamed, another guy jumped out of the truck and as he approached I kicked him as hard as I could and he caught a foot to the face. The guy holding me was getting tired from my kicking and wiggling around and I elbowed him as hard as I could and he dropped me.

I scrambled to my feet and tried to run but didn't get far before I felt a hard tug on my hair. My old head literally yanked back and I fell to the ground. I was being lifted up again from behind while another grabbed my legs. I fought through the pain kicking, and elbowing trying to do anything I could do to get them to let me go. The last thing I saw was a fist coming my way before everything went black.

A U G U S T

When me and Kaliyah got back in my car I strapped her in and noticed that my burner phone was lighting up in my cup holder. I glanced back at her and smiled before answering.

"Yea?"

"I been calling you for an hour nigga."

"I got Liyah and I left my phone in the car. What is it?"

 There was a pause before he sighed, "Yo' I got some bad news..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------