Chapter Twenty-Seven

K A S H M E R E

I never thought that I would be here. It was Saturday night I was getting ready to go on a date but not with just any old body, Mace. He reached out to me the other day and said that he heard that me and August were over and done for good. He then asked if he could take me out this weekend and after I played around telling him that I didn't want to rush anything he promised that he wouldn't and still insisted on taking me out which I agreed to.

I didn't know what to expect when he asked me out but that morning I got a knock on my door and it was a delivery man with a few packages. Inside the biggest box was a cream colored cocktail dress by Carolina Herrera that cost three thousand dollars, the only reason I knew that was because I looked it up. Not to mention included in the gifts were a pair of shoes that went perfect with the dress and last but not least a necklace that almost blinded me when I opened the box. Along with everything was a hand written note from him telling me that he wanted me to wear the outfit on our outing tonight and that he looked forward to seeing me.

I knew that Mace had no problem throwing money around so I didn't feel to bad knowing that he spent all this money on me because he owed me. August knew about our date but I didn't tell him about the gifts but I knew that he would have eyes on me the whole time. I just knew that I was going to hear it when he saw how I was dressed.

To my surprise everything fit perfectly from the shoes to the dress and at seven o'clock there was a knock on the door and I wasn't surprised by how punctual he was. I opened the door and he was all smiles, he was dressed in a suit and he was looking good. With the way he was dressed and I was dressed you would of thought we were going to the Oscars or something.

"You look...exquisite."

"Exquisite?"

"Why do you look like that?"

"Its just that, I don't think anyone's ever told me that I look exquisite before. Thank you for the gifts."

"Money well spent. You ready?"

"Yes."

I locked up and he took my hand and we got in the elevator and walked outside the front of the building to where two black trucks were parked. There was a guard I assume standing in front of the first truck and when we approached he opened up the back door for us and I smiled at him and thanked him before getting in.

After I was in he closed the door and I took the time to look around. We were in a truck but there was a partition separating us so I couldn't see who was driving or even look out the front window to see where we were going.

The other door opened and Mace got in and was he was in and settled the truck started moving. In the car we made small talk about work. We drove for longer than I expected but when he stopped and the door opened for me and I got out I honestly didn't recognize where we were or the restaurant we were in front of.

Mace joined me and took my hand in his and we walked in the restaurant and after he talked with the hostess the first thing I noticed was the restaurant was empty. The hostess led through the back and out a side door and onto an outside patio there was lit up not only by the moonlight but by lights.

Once the hostess left and told us that the waiter would be out shortly Mace pulled out my chair and I sat down.

"You rented out the whole restaurant?"

"Yep," he unbuttoned his suit jacket before sitting down in the seat across from me.

"I didn't even know you could do something like that unless you were famous."