Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Kinsley's POV:

As soon as we got to near the destination Jayce blindfolded me. Why? That's anybody's guess. I have never been in this part of town and frankly its making me nervous. A lot of Keepers live here and the fact that my Dad is one of the main leaders of the Peacers well it's only fair that I'm feeling terrified at the moment. The Peacers and Keepers don't exactly get along. A riot between the two groups is a picnic compared to what both sides are capable of. I have no idea why they hate each other.

As Jayce parked the car he took the blindfold off and I saw that we were in an amusement park. Again why? There are plenty of amusement parks nearer to our homes and away from the general population of the Keepers. I threw a glance towards Jayce. What surprised me was his calm demeanor.

"You know I can see the that you're giving me," he said.

"Good, now you can answer what we are doing in this part of town?" I crossed my arms over my chest and gave him a pointed stare.

"Can't you see? We are going to enjoy ourselves in this amusement park," he said in a 'duh' voice.

"There are plenty of amusement parks back home, but instead you drag me out for a three hour drive to get to here!?!?! Do know where we are? I could already feel people looking at us as to why we are here.

"They're looking at you not at me. I got some street at this part of town," he said as he started to walk to the entrance of the park.

What???? 

"Wait a minute. How do have street cred in here?" I sped up to match his long and loose strides.

"Now, I can't say that now can I?" He said rather smugly,

"Why not? I'm your best friend aren't I?"

"Yes, yes you are but you are not allowed to know some things. You're still too young," he said in a know-it-all tone that annoyed the crap out of me.

"You're only five years older than me. For goodness sake I'm eighteen years old. I'm not a baby anymore Jayce," I said emphasizing on his name.

"I know you aren't but some things you just shouldn't know, it's for your own good. Believe me Kinsley, you'll find out why in the future and also why I don't want to drag you in to my world. Now, drop the subject today is all about you and having fun."

I realized for the first time in my life, I didn't even know my own best friend. There was another side of him I haven't even seen. A part of him he has never shared with me and I didn't like it. I will get to the bottom of this whether he likes it or not, that I was quite certain about. For now though I'll enjoy the underwater rollercoaster.

________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!! Comment if you like or not and how to improve ✌