Chapter 22

Chapter 22: 

Kinsley's POV:

I had to sneak around the guards in order to catch up with the group. It hurt me so much to see Jayce be beaten up and fighting for life. I couldn't believe father would hurt somebody I love. I guess now I truly understand why mom ran from him. He wasn't safe.

"Kinsley! What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here," I turned around to see Ileana.

"Illy! What are you doing here!?!"

"I asked you first. Besides I heard about Jayce and came to help him. I'm here to kick dome Peacers butt for murdering my cousin Josie," she emphasized by doing a high kick.

"Illy if you do that the Peacers will imprison you."

"Oh yeah, I'll come with you and your band of misfits."

I thought of the danger I was putting her in, and finally and reluctantly agreed, "fine, I guess you can come along."

"You guess, oh honey you didn't have a choice. Besides you need me. I overheard about your friends' plan, they have one flaw, a way out. You won't be able to escape once they realize that you guys are coming to get them. On the positive note there is a secret passage way I know of.

"Come on, we don't have a lot of time. You can explain the plan on the way."

Jayce's POV:

I don't know if I could do this one more day. I'm exhausted. I just hope Kinsley is safe. I won today's fight but I don't know if I can win tomorrow's.

I had just closed my eyes when I heard Asher's voice distinctively. Great I'm hearing things now.

"Yo, you great bum wake up," I heard Ileana's voice," at that I snapped my eyes open.

"Guys? You came to save us."

"Of course we did Captain Obvious," I heard the sarcastic tone of Ileana Hawkins.

I saw her head whip to the side when we heard the sound of footsteps.

"Oh Kinsley. It's just you. Is the coast clear?" Ileana asked.

"No."

"What! You were the lookout!" Tristan yelled.

"How many people are out there?" He asked.

Kinsley didn't answer. She just grabbed his shirt and punched him in the nose.

"Kinsley! What is wrong with you?" Avery screamed.

"Guys! What's wrong," another Kinsley appeared from a door shocked apparent across her face when she saw her doppelganger.

"Okay if she's my twin mom and dad got some explaining to do," she said after getting over the shock.

"Let go of my....um Tristan!" Avery yelled at the other Kinsley.

"Guys! She's a robot!" I warned them.

"Thanks for the warning," Avery sarcastically yelled holding her already bruising fist.

As the robot was about to attack Avery, a sledgehammer was brought down on the robot Kinsley's head.

"Ow! I felt that one. Good thing that's the fake me," Kinsley said clutching her head gingerly.

"Okay, let's get out of here," Ileana suddenly appeared holding a sledgehammer. Oh yeah, she has the ability to camouflage.

"So where's that secret tunnel," Kinsley asked.

"Here," Ileana said pushing a brick on the wall allowing a door to be revealed behind the bricks. Go figures. Evil villains having secret escape routes. What a total cliché

"Hey! You there! Freeze!" A guard yelled.

"Ha! I don't think so," Ileana yelled biting down on his neck allowing the venom from her poisonous teeth to seep into the guard's neck killing him.

"I suggest if we want to get out of here alive we leave like right now," Mikey through the chaos said holding up Ms. Jocelyn.

"Okay man, I got you," Tristan said holding me up on one side. Asher came to the other side and supported me.

"Hey, he's got a girlfriend that can help him out. What about me," I looked over and noticed Elizabeth who was quiet throughout the whole chaotic scenario. She was sitting down and looked to be in pain, holding her leg.

"I took one for the team," she said vaguely.

"Okay, come here," Kinsley came around her and helped prop her up on the injured side.

As we all came through the tunnel to the outside. One thought came to my mind. This was too easy.