Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

Kinsley's POV:

I was on my way to the area Jayce took me a week ago. I didn't last long before I broke down. How could I? Jayce was...is... and always will be my best friend. We completed each other and made a great partner. Where I am book smart Jayce is athletic and loves sports.

He made the mistake once while at the beach. I made a bet I that I could beat him in the most amount of pushups. He had a smirk on his face, so sure that he would win. He lost. I never did say what kind of pushups. I ended up beating him doing girly pushups rather than the hard pushups he was doing but hey I'm the one who ended up with a good old Benjamin Franklin.

I was lost in my thoughts as I waited quietly in the abandoned warehouse that I didn't even hear Jayce come up from behind me.

"Hey," he said while poking my sides. I hate it when people did that because I am extremely ticklish but Jayce kept on doing it. He knew how inside I really loved it and thought it was endearing whenever he did it. You can say it's our thing.

I decided I would play mad and make him suffer just a bit more. He deserves it after all he a very big secret hidden from me.

"You know I'm still mad at you. I still haven't decided whether or not to forgive you yet," I did my best to glare at him.

His face instantly went to serious then to disappointment at himself. It tore at my heart. God I am so weak.

"Look Kinsley...I am so sorry. I wanted to tell, it hurt me not to, but I couldn't. I was ordered not to as a soldier I am pledged to honor my orders before anybody."

His words hit me so hard I got whiplash. He cared more about his stupid orders than his best friend?

______________________________________________________________

Jayce's POV:

I wanted to take back what I said as soon as I said it. I saw Kinsley instantly turn cold and mad. Oh boy, I gulped. This is something I can't fix with  just chocolate, flowers, and little stuffed animals. It's going to take a lot more than that.

"I didn't mean it like that. When concerning your safety I could not care less about protocols and orders, I would always choose you. I knew you weren't in severe danger so I followed through with my orders and didn't tell you," I was practically groveling at her feet. I couldn't lose her.

She looked at me and sighed, "Jayce-"

_____________________________________________________________

I know it's short but it's better than nothing. I have been busy lately and I haven't been updating but it is seriously hard trying to find time. I'm lucky if I even get five hours of sleep. Hope you guys aren't working too hard 👍

This song has been stuck in my head all day. I just wanted to share it with you.

Hymn for the Weekend -- Coldplay ft. Beyoncé