Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

Kinsley's POV:

Recap:

Who am I kidding screw dignity I'm going to bawl like a big baby without any shame. My only regret is not eating more candy in my life.

"Hello Kinsley," I snapped from my inner battle to look up as I heard a woman's voice.

My jaw dropped. What the...

________________________________________________________________

"MOM!! I thought you were dead!" I was utterly flabbergasted.

"I assure you darling I am very much alive," she said.

"Wait a minute Dad said you were dead. You lied to us." I said accusingly."

"My dear Kingsley I did not mean to hurt you by my actions but I knew I couldn't stay there because of your father," this angered me.

"My father, the man who was there when you weren't. The man who was the only parent that was there for me through the ups and down unlike you who apparently faked your own death!" I yelled at her.

"I did what was best for us sweetheart," she tried to reason.

"BEST! Because of your definition of 'best' I grew up without a mother," I screamed.

"I wanted to take you I swear but he would've tracked us down, taken you, and possibly imprison me. Me being his wife didn't matter. I had to get out. Your father is not is not what he seems I found that out. He wasn't the man I thought I loved. I stayed a little while longer because of you," she reached out her hand for me but I backed away from it.

"I'm leaving. I know my way out," with that I turned around and started walking away.

"Kinsley! Wait!" Jayce called out.

I abruptly stopped and turned around, "You lied to me Jayce. You kept this away from me. Y-y-you know what do what's 'best' for me and stay away. I don't want to see you like ever!" I started running towards the exit, away from Jayce and my mother.

After the stinkin, stupid hyperloop I drove my car at neck breaking speed. I wanted get out of here as soon as possible. I may even possibly visit a bar. I know I know, I'm eighteen and underage but I don't give two shakes of a donkey's tail. I don't want to remember tonight and the bar would definitely help.

Stone drunk at the bar...

"Hey," I slurred at these really cute triplets. At least I think they're triplets. I'm so drunk I can't even see right.

"Hey, wanna go to my house tonight?" middle triplet said.

"I don't think I wanna. My head hurts," I tried reaching out to left triplet but instead fell to the ground. Huh, he wasn't a triplet I was just seeing three. I felt strong arms circle my waist and lift me up. At this point all dignity was thrown out of the window and I began to dance like a complete idiot. Before I realize it a group of boys surround me and began chanting a bunch of nonsense. I didn't care though.

The room started to spin, colors blended with each other as faces grew blurry before I saw a face I knew and at that moment hated.

"Kinsley what are you doing here? This is unlike you."

"Oh, like it is unlike of you to lie to me, your best friend whom we tell all of our secrets to. I said for you to stay away from me."

"Hey man back off she said to leave her alone," one of the guys circling me attempted to push Jayce away which was stupid. The dude was drunk and could barely stay on his two feet.

"You know what all of you back away from Kinsley!" Jayce yelled. When one of the guys tried to hit Jayce that was when all hell broke loose. Jayce was a fighting machine and before you can notice what just happened it was over. Jayce turned towards me and flung me over his shoulder.

"LET ME GO!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "THIS IS KIDNAPPING!"

"No. I am not leaving you here in your drunk stupor," he said with a tone of finality. I couldn't fight him off. Jayce rarely used that tone with me but when he did I had no choice but surrender.

It was a quiet and awkward ride home. When I saw Jayce was driving towards his house I interrupted the quiet saying," I don't want to stay over your house take me to mine."

I heard Jayce sigh and turned for my house. Before he could even finish parking in the driveway I unlocked the door and hopped out. I refuse to stay one more second with him. I slammed the door and headed for my house.

Next morning...

I swear I thought somebody was hitting my head with a sledgehammer this morning. Ugh! What happened? Then everything came flooding back to me. Jayce has been lying to me my whole life. Well I'm not going to let this piece of news dampen my day. I'm going to stick it to the man and that man just happens to be Jayce.

I put on a bright yellow romper (A/N: picture), put on sandals, and completed my look with my hair in a ponytail. I decided I would spend the day with my Dad. I got into the car and started to drive to Peacers headquarters.

"Good morning Miss. Kinsley," James the security guarded greeted me.

"Good morning, I'm just going up to my Dad," I said stating my reason for coming.

"Have a good visit," he said back.

"Will do," I said before the elevator door closed.

My Dad's floor was insanely quiet except for the occasional phone ringing.

As I neared his door I heard some muffled voices and waited by the door in case he was in an important meeting.

"I don't care how just kill him for show. An example to the people if you cross us." I heard my Dad say. I couldn't believe it. I heard the phone clicked as it was placed back on the receiver. "Now to take care of you," I heard a gun click then a shot.

Mom was right. Dad isn't who he says he is. I began running away from the office building. As I almost neared the elevator I heard my name being called.

"Kinsley? What are you doing here, sweetheart?" I turned around to face my Dad.

"Oh I just wanted to stop by," I quickly and nervously said.

"Oh really, why don't we go to lunch together and have some father daughter time."

"Ok," I said to petrified to say anything else.

________________________________________________________________

That was for Meghan, Ileana, and yes you Mikey. ✌✌✌✌