Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

Jayce's POV:

I watched as Kinsley got to know my friends. I liked the fact that she is getting along with them. It would be tough to give up either one.

"Hey man," Tristan came up to me. Tristan is friends with my friends so I guess you can say we were kinda sorta friends.

"Hey," I acknowledged him.

"So that's Jocelyn's kid huh? She's hot."

I began to see red. Tristan wasn't allowed to describe Kinsley as hot. I wanted to snap the dude's neck.

"Is she single because I would love to take her out." It took all of my willpower not to kill him on the spot.

"Jayce are you okay," I whipped around to face Kinsley who looked very worried.

"You're hyperventilating and you look like you're ready to break something," she explained.

"No I'm perfectly fine," I managed to say without sounding like I wanted to murder someone.

"Okay," she said but before she turned around she gave me a look that said 'later.'

I sighed. Kinsley knew me too well to let it go. I plopped down on the couch and watched everyone else. I felt the couch dip behind me and arms wrap around my neck.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Kinsley propped her chin on my head. I grabbed Kinsley and placed her on my lap and then buried my head in her hair. She then wrapped her arms around me and we just stayed in that position.

I really wanted to tell Kinsley how I really felt but I didn't want to lose her.

"Jayce, I know something's bothering you. You're holding on to me really hard," Kinsley interrupted the silence.

I looked around and saw everybody has gone quiet and was looking at us. I couldn't tell her right now. I stood up and walked out of the room knowing Kinsley would follow.

I led her to my private room that doubled as my bedroom whenever I stayed over for work. I looked out to the window as Kinsley stood behind me.

"Kinsley, we've known each other for a long time. You're very important to me," I began.

"Jayce, I already know that."

"Fine, I'm just going to come out with it," I hesitated a bit.

"Well, go on," she said impatiently.

"I...Love...You Kinsley," I held my breath.

"Well duh, I love you too," she said back.

"No Kinsley, I'm in love with you. As in more than friends."

That shut her up quickly. My heart dropped then started to palpitate.

"Um, I don't know what to say. I need to think," with that Kinsley started to back away.

"Take all the time you need. I can wait," It's the least I can do for our friendship. It means way to much to think light of the situation.

"Thanks," she said before turning around and going through the door.

Kinsley's POV:

I went back into the room where everybody was. I saw Asher give Elizabeth a smushed up kiss on the cheek. They are so cute together. A sudden pang went coursing through my chest as I realized I wanted what Elizabeth and Asher had. Not exactly their whole relationship but what was between them whenever they looked at each other's eyes. It was deep.