Chapter 31

Jocelyn's POV:

I dismissed the rest of soldier. The mood around the war room was completely depressing. My ex-husband has completely crossed the line. Drew was more than just my captain. He was also my best friend. He helped me go through the hard times I faced when I had to leave my baby behind. I nearly lost it. He was my anchor, holding on to me before I fell off the edge.

If it's a war Raymond wants its war he's going to get.

Jayce's POV:

I wanted to find Kinsley to make sure she was alright. It must be traumatizing for her to watch her father torture and kill somebody she knew.

I finally spotted her on one of the side balconies.

I went over to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"How are you holding up Kins?" I asked.

She turned around and what shocked me was her eyes. It was soulless. There was no life in there. She proceeded in grabbing my arm and twisting it in the opposite direction. I felt shots of pain course through my arm.

I barely recovered before I was flipped and thrown onto the ground.

"What is going on with you Kinsley!?!?" I screamed in pain.

I looked up and saw Kinsley's eyes were glowing red. What the-?

She began to speak in a very robotic way.

Shoot! This wasn't the real Kinsley.

Knowing this wasn't the real Kinsley, I decided to fight back. I kicked it where the gut should be using by super strength. This felt wrong and went against everything I was taught. I'm beating up a girl.

Well to be fair, it wasn't really a girl but still it has the face of the girl I love. The image was just disturbing.

I heard some of my friends' voice coming round the corner. Fake Kinsley jumped out of the window and escaped.

I held my breath hoping they wouldn't enter the room. I didn't want them to get hurt. Once their voice faded away, I sighed a relief.

Kinsley appeared by the door walking towards me. This time I wasn't falling for it and decided to pummel it to pieces.

Once my fists connected to its jaw, I knew I made the biggest mistake when I heard a cracking sound. Kinsley's scream resonated through the room.

All of my friends came running to the room and saw Kinsley lying on the ground holding onto her face.

"What the hell is wrong with you Jayce!" Yelled Mikey.

That's the first. I never heard the guy scream angrily like that before.

"What in the world is going on in here?" Ms. Jocelyn asked.

She helped Kinsley up from the ground.

"I came here after thinking I saw Kinsley come here. I wanted to see if she was alright especially after that video. I thought I was hugging Kinsley but instead I was hugging a robot Kinsley. It started to beat me up. Once I heard you guy's voice coming around the hallway, it jumped off the balcony. When you guys were gone, Kinsley came into the room. Thinking it was the robot I decided to attack it before it could attack me like it did before," I explained really fast.

"A robot that can look like one of us? Well that isn't good. Great now I have that to add to my plate of stress and chaos." Ms. Jocelyn muttered.

"I'm so sorry Kinsley," I looked over to her.

"Come along Kinsley. Let's get you to the infirmary. Jayce I want you to go to the security hub and report this and where you think it disappeared to. Heaven forbids another robot should come to wipe us out internally."

"Jayce you owe me a tub of ice cream for the pain your causing me to go through," Kinsley said incoherently.