Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

Jayce's POV:

Man was I stupid! I kept on telling myself that I had plenty of time to tell Kinsley my secret and because of my carelessness I ended up pushing her away. I should've slowly eased her into it but no I just had to let drop like the atom bomb. 

When Kinsley started yelling at us I knew things were about to go down. When Kinsley gets mad, not 'oh you spilt juice on my new designer shoes' mad but 'you killed my dog' mad, its best to just shut your mouth and don't give her any more reason to hate you. At that point, I wanted to run but it wouldn't reflect on me very well so I stayed. Was it the best decision...probably not. Did I do the right thing...definitely. Even if I procrastinated in telling Kinsley a missing part of her life she deserved to know.

I just hope she eventually forgives me. I have never been in a situation where Kinsley was not by me. We have always been a duo.

Kinsley's POV:

I couldn't even look at my father the same way anymore since I overheard the call and murder. I realized now my father is a stranger to me. Do I even really know him? Do I trust him?

We've been waiting for our order now for ten minutes. We decided to go to lunch at a local diner rather than the club. As we waited an awkward silence fell between my Dad and I.

"Is something the matter Kinsley?" My Dad asked breaking the silence.

"Oh nothing really. Jayce and I just got into a fight," it isn't technically a lie it's just not exactly the whole truth.

"Oh, what about? Maybe I can help. You know it's quite healthy for best friends to fight. I don't really see you and Jayce fight. I worry about that."

I had to play it cool, "Jayce just kept something big away from me and I just felt left down. We always tell each other our secrets, that's all. It sounds kind of stupid right now."

"Nonsense, but remember Kinsley everybody is entitled to have their secrets, even Jayce.  As a human, he is not just going to bare every nook and cranny of his soul to everyone. Not even you darling.  

"I suppose not," as our conversation ended our food arrived and I busied myself with eating.

Raymond's POV (Kinsley's Dad)

Lunch with my daughter went very smoothly. I know Jayce and his family are a part of the Keepers. It's the same reason why I have never intervened with my daughter's friendship with Jayce. They're so close together they tell each other basically everything. Whether Kinsley knows it or not our little 'chats' helps me with my fight with the Keepers.

Don't get me wrong I love my daughter but with her it's so easy to find out information. I gave her a diamond ring, her birthstone, for sixteenth birthday. It's a nice hunk of rock but it also has a tracker and memory so not only can I know where Kinsley is I can also know areas she consistently visits. After checking my computer today, I found a new area and that area may just lead me to the Keepers' secret headquarters. Obviously everybody knows where their public headquarters are but the real find is where their secret one is.  

People are right to be terrified of me. In matter of fact I kind of revel in it. My favorite quote in history is by Nicolo Machiavelli, "it's better to be feared than loved," I agree with him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, this one was more like a filler chapter but I hope you enjoy it. The pictures are Sean Faris and Lucy Hale as Jayce and Kinsley.