Chapter 20

Chapter 20:

Recap:

With that she grabbed my head and slammed it against the bars. I passed out almost instantly knowing that was going to leave a mark.

Jayce's POV:

After what I've been through it's no surprise that I have a raging headache going on. I couldn't believe what happened. Kinsley is sweet and nice. What happened?

"Jayce, are you alright?" I heard a voice next to me ask.

"I'm alright. You don't look quite as fortunate as I feel right now," I replied back to Ms. Jocelyn. She had a black eye, a busted lip, and bruises all over her face.

"Well, isn't it Tweedledee and Tweedledum," I whipped my head at the direction of the voice. I still refuse to believe it's Kinsley in front of me.

"Jayce, it isn't her. It's a robot made to imitate and look like her. They couldn't get her eyes and smile right," Ms. Jocelyn pointed out.

"So did you like my little surprise?" Mr. Nichols asked from the shadows.

"How dare you turn Kinsley into something warped and evil like you!"

He turned towards Ms. Jocelyn with a look of pure hatred.

"ME! You have been trying to take her and turn her against her father since she could actually make a decision. I know why you put Jayce's family nearby. You wanted somebody to infiltrate the Peacers and well done you have. It's a pity you won't live to tell the tale. You Keepers are all the same use people to get what you want even poor Kinsley."

"That's a lie! You're the one who uses people. Unlike you, we do care about Kinsley and will protect her from you at any cost.

"Ha! My daughter knows who she's loyal to not any rag rats and their leader. Now I know you're both bored so I decided to plan some entertainment for you guys. Take him," he pointed at me to a guard next to him.

We walked through a door and came through a fighting arena filled with spectators ready to see a good fight.

"Let me see you're fighting skills Jayce. If you beat my man you get to live another day. If not, well I guess Kinsley is just going to have to find another friend now, is she?"

___________________________________________________________

Sorry this took sooo long but my other tablet went berserk and I ended up getting a whole new tablet and then I was so busy trying to download stuff into my new one so I can use it for school.