Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

Jayce's POV:

"Kinsley please, don't make me do the puppy eyes," I begged.

"No, absolutely no! I refuse to go to the bar and get drunk like an idiot without any sense whatsoever," she replied back.

"You don't have to get drunk! My friend is just turning twenty-one and is having a party. It doesn't necessarily mean they're getting drunk."

"Jayce do you not remember the that a couple nights ago I had to drag your sorry drunk butt back home because you were drunk," I winced in remembrance. That was actually really stupid of me.

"Well if you come with me you can keep an eye on me," I tried to reason while also adding the puppy dog eyes.

One second passed by with me giving her puppy eyes, "FINE! I'll go," Kinsley threw her arms up and sighed in defeat.

I smirked, she didn't even stand a chance. She couldn't resist the puppy eyes.

"Don't give me that smirk. I'm already regretting agreeing with you," she said.

At the party...

"Hey man happy birthday," I fist bumped my friend Ethan. "Where's Elizabeth?" I asked. Elizabeth is Ethan's twin sister and also one of my best friends. They are one of the few people who were my friends that Kinsley has never met. They worked with me at my job and were extremely good at it. I trusted them with my life as they trusted me to lead and command them.

"She's by the bar beating up a dude who insulted her," he said as if this was an everyday thing...and it was. Elizabeth can get extremely violent.

"Who's this jolie fille," Ethan said grabbing Kinsley's hand and kissing her it. What a big flirt. Whenever he sees a girl he might be interested in he turns French to impress them.

"Back off Ethan, she's of limits," I said possessively.

"Excuse me I can be with anybody I want," Kinsley said back sassily.

I was about to reply but my phone began to ring. I looked at the I.D. and saw who it was.

"Excuse me sorry but I have to take this, Ethan can you please introduce Kinsley to Elizabeth."

"Yeah, sure man," he said. I gave him a look that said 'don't even think about it.' I walked away from the two and made my way through the rowdy crowd.

"Hello Helena," I greeted the person through the phone.

"Hello Jayce," she greeted me back. "Let me just get right through business. Does Kinsley know yet?" She asked.

"No, I haven't figured out how to tell her."

"Jayce you need to tell her before she finds out on her own."

"I know that but I don't want to hurt Kinsley. If...when she finds out the secret-"

"What secret?" Crap I knew that voice. Kinsley. I turned around to face a very confused and slightly mad Kinsley.

"What are you hiding from Jayce and tell me nothing because this is the second conversation I have overheard from you. You are obviously hiding something from me," she said crossing her arms and pointing daggers at me.

"Kinsley listen I can't tell-"

"What do you mean you can't explain! You have a mouth and a brain use it," she interrupted me.

"No, I meant I don't know how to explain to you so I have to show you. Come on," I said grabbing her arm.

We worked through the crowd and when we finally got out headed straight for my car and began driving.

Kinsley's POV:

45 minutes later...

"Jayce what are we doing here?" I asked as we arrived at an abandoned warehouse.

"Kinsley, you're just going to have to trust me," Jayce said.

"I'm not sure I can. I mean after all you have been keeping something important away from me," I snapped back. I know it was harsh and I wanted to take it all back when I saw hurt flash across Jayce's face but he lied to me.

I heard him sigh. He began to lead me to the warehouse. When we were in he pulled what seems to be a broken lever and wait for something to happen. A few seconds later I saw I key pad appear and Jayce put in a pass code. It apparently wasn't enough because it also scanned his eyes, pricked his finger, and did a voice recognition before a pile of metal parted ways to a door.

I stood shock, my mouth hanging wide open. We went in a tube capsule and buckled on a seatbelt as Jayce punched in a bunch of stuff before the tube sealed and launched at hyper speed.

It only took minutes to arrive at our destination...Keeper's headquarters. What did Jayce want us dead because we sure may as well be.

Jayce grabbed my hand and began to drag me to my death. I'm probably being overdramatic about the Keepers but hey my Dad is one of the leaders of the Peacers. Who may I just mention HATE EACH OTHER!!! And I mean hate not greatly dislike but hate. Ugh...I'm so dead. Thanks a lot Jayce. I'm haunting you when we're dead.

As my life flashed though my eyes I didn't realize we arrived at a great hall. This is it goodbye life. If I'm going to die at least I'd die with dignity.

10 seconds later...

Who am I kidding screw dignity I'm going to bawl like a big baby without any shame. My only regret is not eating more candy in my life.

"Hello Kinsley," I snapped from my inner battle to look up as I heard a woman's voice.

My jaw dropped. What the...

____________________________________________________________

Hahaha! I'm going to torture you guys a little bit and make you wait to read the next part mainly because I have a ton of homework to do. I put this chapter up  mainly because my friend has bugged me to do so and honestly I want her off my back about it. I do have a life you know. She knows who I'm referring to 😉😉 'wink' 'wink.'