Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

Jayce's POV:

"Hey who's there!" I turned around and spotted a dangerous looking man. I could probably take him but I couldn't risk Kinsley's safety.

"Jayce, who's that man?" Kinsley asked with a touch of fear in her voice.

"I don't know," I grabbed Kinsley's wrist and dragged her with me like a rag doll.

We weaved through the junk in the warehouse until I was finally able to reach the place where I parked my car and got in with Kinsley right behind me. I sped out of the parking area and hit the road like a crazy man at ninety miles per hour.

I knew I wasn't going fast enough when I heard gunshots.

"What the-," before Kinsley was able to finish her sentence I grabbed her and pushed her down. It was probably a little rougher than should be but come on we were getting shot at. We can always put an ice pack on the bruise. I can't put an ice pack on a bullet wound.

When I knew there was a good distance between the killer dude and I, I quickly turned right to a back road that wasn't used anymore.  

I looked behind me and saw nobody was trailing us. I decided to turn another right leading straight to one of the safe houses for Keepers on the run.

I hid the car with leaves and branches and opened the door going through all the necessary steps from saliva test to retina scanning. All the while Kinsley stayed quiet. We walked in the dark elevator that led underground.

Kinsley's POV:

I stayed quiet as Jayce did whatever was necessary to get in whatever he was trying to get into. I'm a bit mad at the moment. It seems like everyone is keeping me in the dark with all the secrets.

Finally a door opened and we went in...it was an elevator that led underground, great. You hear the sarcasm there? I glared at Jayce knowing he could feel it.

"I know your upset-" he began.

"Upset!?! I'm beyond upset. I'm so frickin mad that if looks can kill YOU'D be six feet under at the moment!" I yelled.

"Um...we're actually more than six feet underground at the moment," he commented hoping to break the tension.

It didn't work I just gave him another glare, went to the opposite side of the elevator, and turned around so I wouldn't have to look at him.

The elevator finally stopped and I walked out first so I wouldn't have to look at him.

"Hey, let's get some ice for that head of yours," he said leading the way.

He led me to the kitchen and opened the freezer to grab some ice along with a plastic baggie from one of the drawers. He grabbed a towel wrapped it around the ice pack and gently pressed it against the already forming bruise on my head.

"Sorry I hurt you."

"It's fine, you were trying to save my life," I quietly said back.

"Look, I promise I'll explain everything it's just going to take a while,"

"I'll bet. You're family has been keeping it a secret from me for the past eighteen years," I said forgiving him at the spot.

"Yeah, look I gotta get some food from the storage area. Stay here. If there's an emergency call me, okay?"

"Yeah, got it."

I took my phone out as he left and looked at my home screen. Jayce and I...well more like me coordinated it so it shows the other's picture. Mine had a black and white picture of him with a sweatshirt on and tousled up hair. He still looked great.

I began to daydream when I heard my phone vibrate, it was my Dad.

                Dad: Sweetie where are you?

                Kinsley: I'm over a friend's. I think I'm going to stay for the night I'm too tired to drive home.

               Dad: Do you want me to drive you home?

               Kinsley: No, thank you!

               Dad: Okay, goodnight sweetheart.

               Kinsley: 'night Dad.

"Okay, I'm back with food!" I looked up and saw Jayce with a armful of food and supplies. Dang! Did he look adorable. Like a kid who has a hand in the cookie jar and he knows he's going to get in trouble for it.

________________________________________________________________

That's it for the day. I'm too tired to continue. See ya!