Chapter 27

Did you really think that was the end of it? Nope! Here's another chapter for you guys!!

Chapter 27:

Kinsley's POV:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

My eyes fluttered open as I woke up. My heart was beating erratically.

"What!??! What is going on??!! Who is being murdered?" Ileana came in with a bat.

Once I realized it was all just a dream I let go of the breath I was holding.

"Nobody is being murdered Ileana," I said to the girl who's hair was everywhere.

"Is somebody dying?" Avery came barging into my room.

"Unfortunately no," Ileana said with sincere sadness in her voice.

"Hey!" I yelled at her.

"Sorry Kins, but I really wanted to bang somebody's head with a bat," she said with a look of a madman in her eyes.

"Okay, we are just going to take this away from you before you end up decapitating somebody," Avery said grabbing the baseball bat. Ileana's face resembled a face of a child who's candy was just taken away from them.

"What's going on Kins?" Avery asked.

"I had a nightmare. It was so awful. Bodies littered everywhere. You guys were badly injured or dead and my own father killed Jayce then me," I sniffled tears streaming down my face.

"Oh no! I don't do tears," Ileana said.

"Ileana come back here," Avery scolded.

"Uuugh!" Ileana sat on my bed next me.

"There there, it's all going to be okay," she said in a monotone voice while patting my head. It was a sad attempt at comfort.

"I'm not a dog."

"Kinsley, I'm a trained bonafide soldier. I can detonate a bomb without blinking an eye, I can shoot somebody without hesitation, heck I can fly a fighter jet at a command! I don't do, however, gushy emotions!"

"Well maybe now's the time to learn," Avery said.

"I don't want to," she whined.

"Wow the great Ileana can't even comfort her friend," Avery said giving her a pointed stare.

"You're saying that because you know I won't back down from a challenge. It's not fair. Okay Kinsley I'm going to repeat to you something I once read:

'A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down'

You may be scared now but remember who you are doing this for. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. I've seen you at your best and worst and the way you've handled yourself is better than anybody could ever imagine myself included."

"Wow, that was deep," I said afterward.

"I know I try. Remember it, though, I don't give pep talks too often," She said standing up, grabbing the baseball bat from Avery, and leaving the room.

I looked back at Avery, her face still looked surprised.

"Huh, who knew," she said before leaving herself.