Chapter 24

Chapter 24:

Kinsley's POV:

I looked at my mother, resting on the infirmary bed. How could my father do that to her? She was his wife for goodness sake.

"For heaven sake Kinsley I'm going to live. You look like somebody just died," I was so out of it I didn't even notice my mom waking up.

"Mom!" I hurried over and gave her a bone crushing hug.

"I was so worried. When we got you out I didn't see the extent of your injuries until we got you into the infirmary and the doctor gave us the diagnosis. I can't believe Dad would do that to you. I can see now why you had to leave."

"Kinsley, sweetheart, you father may be cruel towards others but he has always loved you and made sure you had everything you needed and wanted."

"Mom, why are you defending him? He just imprisoned you and had you beaten up," I asked very confused.

"I may hate what your father has turned out to be but he did do one thing right in his life and that was raising you. Though he spoiled you, you didn't turn into a brat. When I left, my greatest fear was that you would take after his crueler side and be sadistic towards others and hate the mere mention of me."

My heart went out to my mom. She was forced to give me up and leave her family because of dad. Don't get me wrong, I still love my dad, it's just that I love the side of him that raised me.

"Go on, he's in room B. I know you want to visit him too. I need my rest," my mom said pushing me in the direction of the door.

I left and headed to the room across my mother's room. 

"Hey there Jayce. I hope you wake up soon. I'm so sorry my father did this to you," I went around his hospital bed and combed his hair off his face.

He looked really bad. Bruises were all over his face, he had a busted lip, and he had black eyes. To top it all of, that was just his face. I'm surprised he isn't internally bleeding from all the hits he took to his ribs and other places. 

"You have to get through this Jayce. I need you. We all need you," I said my voice cracking. At that moment, I let all the tears I have been holding in out. 

The universe isn't fair. Jayce and I finally are more than friends and now he might not be around anymore.

"Hey there. What are you doing here at this time of day? You need to sleep. It's one in the morning." 

I wiped my tears and looked up...

____________________________________________________________

I'm tired so this is all I can do. Time for some shut eye. BTW up top are Luke and Ileana.

For those not seeing the image, I hope uploading it below will fix it.