Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

Kinsley's POV:

"Lizzie wake up! Come on! It's time for our girl's day out." I shook Elizabeth awake.

"WHAT!! You just don't wake up a girl in a middle of a beauty sleep," she groggily mumbled.

"Oh please, like it's making you any prettier."

"HEY!!" Liz threw a couple of pillows at me.

"It got you up beside you don't a beauty sleep you're already pretty just ask Asher."

"Okay, what do you want?"

"Do I have to want something in order to drop in on a friend?" I asked innocently.

"Oh please," she gave me a pointed look, "it's six in the morning."

"You. Me. Girl's day out," I said.

Lizzie rolled out of her bed, "let me get dressed."

"Yay!"

Deep inside I knew I couldn't stay at the same building as Jayce. I made a mistake. I realized that now.

Last night, when I finally fell asleep, I dreamt of losing Jayce. When I woke up everything hit me like an eighteen wheeler. I'm in love with Jayce and I just lost him because I wanted to sort things out.

He had the courage to tell me how he felt despite the risk of losing me and I couldn't even face him. What does that make me? A coward. Jayce deserves better. He's going to realize it when he starts to forget about me. My heart broke and I felt like crying on the spot when the thought went through my head.

Jayce's POV:

I knocked on Kinsley's door repeatedly, "Kinsley it's me, we need to talk."

I got nothing. All I received was silence.

I opened the door to peer in and saw Kinsley wasn't even there. Great. I walked to the kitchen and saw Asher there.

"Hey man, have you seen Kinsley?" I asked.

"Yeah, she and Elizabeth had gone out for a girl's day out. Why? What'd you need?"

"Nothing, I just needed to talk to her," I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Trouble in paradise? You know it shocked me when I found out you two weren't a couple."

"Really?"

"Yeah. The way you two look at each other, there's just something different there."

"Well of course, we've been friends for years."

"No, it's more than that. You two care for each other in a way that is more than friends. I just don't think Kinsley has realized it yet. The way she looks at you is like the way Elizabeth looks at me except it's deeper since you've known each other longer."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, but as I said I don't think she knows it yet."

Asher exited out of the room with an armful of food. I guess since the girl's are out the boys are having some quality time together. Quality time that consists of junk food and violent video games. Don't mind if I do.

Raymond's POV:

I'm not exactly happy with the turn of events of recent times. Kinsley decided to move out and I have a feeling it is more than to get a feel for the world with her cousin Avery. Believe me, I may be sadistic at times but I love my daughter as much as any average father would maybe even more. For all I know she can be buddy buddies with the Keepers. That is the last thing that I ever want for my daughter.

Unfortunately while packing she left her tracking ring here so I have no clue where she is. I can send some men to find her but the Keepers are very good at their job and would easily detect them and eliminate them. Then Kinsley would know the person everyone else knows about me.

I respect the Keepers as much as I detest them. That's the key to defeating your enemies. You have to respect and never let them get the better of you.

"Don't go in. Mr. Nichols has been in a terrible mood for the past few weeks," I heard my intern Josie warn somebody.

Josie, Josie, Josie. You should've let them through. I needed somebody to take my anger out on. Now you're the person I'm going to take my anger out on.

I pressed my intercom, "Rosalie will you please direct Ms. Josie Hawkins to come in please?"

"Right away sir," the intercom clicked off.

True to her name Josie Hawkins has the eyesight of a hawk. She just couldn't see the situation she put herself in.

I heard a faint knock on my door, "Sir? Rosalie told me to come to your office."

I motioned her into the room.

She sat down on a backless chair as I walked around her until her back was facing me.

"Josie you're a sweet girl. I'm sorry for having to do this."

"Sir?-" I stabbed her at the base of her neck before she could continue quickly ending her life. I felt somewhat better. I dragged her body to a private chute in my office where I paid people to burn the bodies of the unfortunate victims.

I turned around, went to my private bathroom, and changed into a new suit without any blood.

I stopped for a second and changed my mind. I took off the white button down and put on some MMA gloves and headed for my workout room. It's a private room only I can access. If I walked across the hall with no t-shirt people would be looking at me weirdly especially with all of my scars.

____________________________________________________________________

Da Dang!!!!!!!! I just can't stand Raymond and I made him up and wrote it down. 😠😠😠