Chapter 28

Chapter 28:

Kinsley's POV:

"Ow! Seriously! Okay I know we're training but that doesn't give you the excuse of trying to snap my head off!" I screamed at Tristan.

"When the Peacers come they're not gonna be as lenient as I am," he pointed out.

"Lenient my butt. We're just training to see our strength and weak points not trying to commit a murder," I said getting up and rubbing my neck where a bruise was already starting to form.

A plan began to formulate in my head.

"Avery, can you take my place with Tristan," I yelled over interrupting her fighting session with Jayce.

"Sure no problem," she said heading over.

"Okay that's not fair. I can't beat up my girlfriend. That looks bad on my part."

Big mistake Tristan.

"So you don't think I can handle a fight with you," Avery narrowed her eyes.

"No, I just don't want to hurt you."

Strike two!

"Really? So you won't mind if we spar right now," She gave him a chilling stare.

"Fine, I'll take it easy on you."

STRIKE 3! YOU'RE OUT TRISTAN!

Little did Tristan know that Avery can fight like no one can.

When they circled each other Tristan was too busy apologizing ahead of time that he didn't see Avery's long legs sweep him from under to trip him and when he stood up giving him a roundhouse kick. She ran over to him, held him down with full force, all the while yelling at him to tap out.

"Okay, okay!" Tristan yelled tapping out.

Jayce came up from behind me and wrapped his arms around me. I could feel his laugh reverberating through his chest and I began laughing with him.

When Tristan got up, he walked over to me.

"You set me up," he said.

"Yup," I smirked.

"Oh and tip for the future, I'm the one who helped Avery train. I just wanted to see your girlfriend beat you up. A little sting on the ego doesn't hurt but payback can be a real...well you know."

"Well played Nichols, well played," he said going back to Avery probably to apologize more.