Chapter 18

Chapter 18:

Jayce's POV:

"Ms. Nichols what are you doing here?" I asked perplexed.

"Please Jayce, call me Ms. Jocelyn. You know how much I hate being called with my husband's last name. I have come here to see my daughter. I also happen to have come across a piece of information that you and my daughter are involved together," she gave me a pointed look.

I gulped so loudly she could probably hear it. Facing Mr. Nichols is one thing. Facing my boss and Kinsley's mother is another. There is nothing like a mama bear with her baby cub. Even if that cub is an eighteen year-old girl.

"It's fine Jayce. I was actually expecting it," her face suddenly turned serious, "but if you hurt my baby girl you're going to regret it. Got it?"

"Yes ma'am," I answered quickly.

"Good, now I came here to clear up some misunderstandings between Kinsley and I-" She never got to finish as a tranquilizer dart was shot on her leg.

I saw what happened but didn't get a chance to react as another tranquilizer dart landed on my leg. All I remember was my face meeting the ground.

Later on...

"Ugh! My head hurts!" I heard Ms. Jocelyn say.

"Where are we?" I asked once I got a grip on our situation.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" I whipped around to the direction where the voice came. It was none other than Mr. Nichols.

"You know it came to me as a shock to find out that my alleged dead wife is not actually dead. Now why would do such a thing to me. Didn't I always give you everything you needed and wanted?"

"Ha! Yeah, you gave me a lot things but you also gave me beatings and forced me to watch as you killed people," Ms. Jocelyn sneered.

"I wanted you to know even if you were my wife that I am top dog and nothing can change that," he replied back.

"I should've never left Kinsley behind even if it was a risk."

"I love Kinsley! You will never take her away from me. She will always be my daughter not yours! You lost your chance when you left," Mr. Nichols spat back before turning around to leave.

"It's hard to believe that he can ever love anybody," I stated once he was gone.

"Oh, believe me. He may be a hard and cold man but he does love Kinsley. I can tell by his eyes. He raised her like a normal father would. No wonder Kinsley is like any other teen. I thought that when I met her she would be the same as my husband. Thank goodness that she isn't," Ms. Jocelyn said with relief.