Chapter 17

Chapter 7:

Kinsley's POV

"Okay, you look hot on that one," Elizabeth pointed out when she checked my reflection on the

mirror.

"You think?" I asked turning around to see the back.

"Absolutely," my cousin Avery confirmed. She ended up joining our little girl's day out. But all I can think of is how she and Jayce are perfect for each other. We've gotten our nails, hair, and makeup done plus our skin has been waxed and lathered with lotion. 

"I'm gonna get," I said confidently, "hey Avery can you get my purse?" Avery used her telekinesis abilities and gave me my purse without so much as disrupting her browsing. 

"Hey what shoes goes with this?" I asked looking at my bare feet.

"Here," Avery handed me a peach pink wedge.

I put it on and was quite impressed. Not bad.

I bought my stuff and we headed out for some dinner. I don't know how we did it but we managed to put all of our bags in the car. 

Jayce's POV:

It was around nine when the girls got back. I was waiting, ready to grab Kinsley. She looked incredibly cute with her floral dress with a denim button down over it, dark feather earrings, and I think a pale peachy pink shoes. She was wearing the elephant necklace I had given her, since she loves elephants so much. 

"Kinsley, hey!" I said grabbing her attention. I grabbed some of her bags since she looked like she was overpowered by them. 

"Are these some of Avery's and Elizabeth's?" I asked.

"No they're mine," she said quickly.

"Seriously? Did you buy the whole store?" I jokingly asked.

"No, Avery and Elizabeth bought the rest," she joked back.

We headed to her room leaving her no room to get out of the situation.

"Listen we need to talk," I said seriously.

"I've given you at least two weeks to think on what I said that day," I said getting right to the point.

"I don't care if you are trying to distance yourself away from me Kinsley, I'm still very much in love with you. Nothing and I mean nothing is going to change that-" she grabbed me and pulled me down to a mind blowing kiss before I could continue. 

I felt a little dazed after we separated.

"Wow," I exclaimed. I heard Kinsley laugh and I looked back down at her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and lifted her up slightly. She, in turn, wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I thought you moved on with Avery," she said.

"What?!? No! Aver's been giving me advice on how I should approach you." I said hoping to clear up the misunderstanding.

"Good, I'm glad because I love my cousin and I would feel guilty if I ever ruin her happiness for my own. Not that I would do anything because I won't." She replied back. 

Kinsley's POV:

We both walked out and went to the movie room with the others, holding each other's hand.

"Well, it's about time!" Elizabeth exclaimed, "if you guys kept on putting around I would've locked both of you in a room so you wouldn't have a choice but be together," everyone began to laugh at this. I looked over to Avery and saw her head nodding in approval at Jayce. 

I'm so stupid! I can see now that she saw Jayce as a brother and not as potential future boyfriend. With that in mind I knew I had to get her paired up with somebody maybe Tristan. At least then he would stop flirting with me like was now. I swear Jayce's grip tightened. 

I nudged him and he released his pressure an iota. When we sat down he placed me on his lap like old times and shared a popcorn bucket with butter and Old Bay on it. For the record it is not disgusting.

Raymond's POV:

I made a shocking revelation yesterday when I, along with some of my best trackers, went out to find where Kinsley was. Apparently my supposed dead wife is actually alive. Not only that, she is one of the main leaders of the Keepers. 

Oh Jocelyn you should've been dead. Now you're going to regret lying and hiding away from me. I had planned later on today to kidnap my "dead" wife. I strategically placed my fighter in certain areas so she couldn't escape me. She's going to wish that seventeen years ago she did die

________________________________________________________